Macaroni Salad. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Rinse under cold water and drain. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water.
Stir in macaroni, celery, green pepper and onion. Made with classic ingredient staples including celery, red pepper, and onion and dressed up in a simple creamy mayo-based dressing, this is guaranteed to be a hit at every cookout and potluck this year! A macaroni salad recipe that's creamy but still light, sweet but tangy, and has a wonderful mix of flavor, spice, and texture. You can have Macaroni Salad using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Macaroni Salad
- It’s 1 lb of macaroni noodles.
- It’s 1 of medium onion.
- It’s 3 stalks of celery.
- It’s 8 oz of sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of mayonnaise.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
Keep in mind Macaroni Salad is/was traditionally made in order to use up left overs. It was not a side dish but for many families a main course (the only course) which if a family was lucky enough to scrape some pork/ham trimmings or turkey, chicken scraps and yes even fish cought by a family member, then this meal would have been one of the. My family's not big on traditional pasta salads made with mayonnaise, so when I served this colorful version that uses Italian dressing, it was a big hit. This crowd-pleaser is loaded with vegetables, beans and tricolor pasta. -Felicia Fiocchi, Vineland, New Jersey.
Macaroni Salad step by step
- Boil noodles till tender but not over cooked, drain and rinse under cold water, drain.
- Dice onion, celery, and cheese..
- Add mayonnaise, onion, celery, and cheese to macaroni mix throughly adding a little cold water mix with a couple tablespoons of mayonnaise until creamy, salt and pepper to taste..
- Cover and refrigerate at least two hours, overnight is better. If noodles soak up to much moisture, add a little more mayo with water.
Get Recipe Macaroni Salad makes a terrific summertime lunch and is made for taking to gatherings. Simple to prepare and as diverse as you want it to be, this is a great classic pasta salad. With a pasta salad dressing made with a combination of mayonnaise and yoghurt, it's still beautifully creamy with all the flavour and less guilt! For a healthier option, try this Macaroni pasta salad with a mayo. I was hesitant about posting this recipe – it's the macaroni salad I grew up with, and pretty basic.