Japanese Macaroni Salad. Macaroni Salad is macaroni mixed with vegetables and mayonnaise, very similar to American macaroni salad. Because Japanese mayo has a very different flavor from mayo in the US, Japanese Macaroni Salad tastes quite different, just like Japanese Potato Salad. It is a very good side dish for Yoshoku (western.
Japanese macaroni salad is a delightfully refreshing take on a classic macaroni salad. This take on the dish includes more fresh vegetables and is much lighter that the traditional weekend BBQ fare of America. You definitely need to give this recipe a try! You can cook Japanese Macaroni Salad using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Japanese Macaroni Salad
- You need 70 g of Macaroni.
- It’s 1/2 pieces of Carotto.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Frozen Corn.
- You need 1/4 pieces of Onion (If you like it).
- Prepare 1 pieces of Cucumber.
- Prepare 3 sheets of Ham.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of Mayonnaise.
Cook macaroni according to the package. Add some salt and olive oil to the pot. Cook Macaroni in a large saucepan of salted boiling water as instructed. Drain, rinse with cold water and drain very well.
Japanese Macaroni Salad step by step
- Cut the carrot into thin strip. Boil the carrot and frozen corn. Cut the Ham into small bite size..
- Slice the onion. Leave in water for 5 minutes and squeeze out the water. (If your kids do not like raw onion, it's better to boil it.).
- Peel the cucumber in alternating strip and cut into small chunks. Leave in salt water (200ml of water to 1tsp of salt) for 5 minutes. When tender, remove and squeeze out the water..
- Boil the Macaroni at a given time..
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Add the Mayonnaise..
- You can ware salt & Pepper if you like..
- It’s also goo to add an Apple, Grapefruit etc….
Squeeze the Cucumber to remove excess water. Place the cooked Macaroni, Cucumber, Corn, Onion, Ham and Boiled Eggs in a large bowl, add Japanese Mayonnaise and combine well. Season with Salt and Pepper as required. Great recipe for Japanese Macaroni Salad. This is one of the most popular salads in Japan, I think.