Hawaiian Barbecue And Macaroni Salad. This Hawaiian Macaroni Salad is the real deal. A no-frills, creamy mac salad that is the perfect side dish for any BBQ or Luau! Hawaiian Macaroni Salad is one of my biggest guilty pleasures.
Don't be surprised when people reach for seconds or thirds of this mac salad. The onion in the macaroni salad at L & L Hawaiian BBQ is very small, more like minced. After dicing your onion, be sure and rinse it in cold running water to remove any bitterness. You can have Hawaiian Barbecue And Macaroni Salad using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hawaiian Barbecue And Macaroni Salad
- Prepare 1 lb of Thin beef.
- Prepare 1 cup of Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 of Teriyaki sauce.
- You need 1/4 of Brown sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of Ginger.
- Prepare 1 cup of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Macaroni salad.
- Prepare 1 box of Elbow Macaroni.
- It’s 1 can of Mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 of Salt.
- It’s 1 lb of Boiled rice.
I never measure out the mayonnaise, just add enough until I am satisfied. The cookbook recommends using Best Foods or Hellman's mayonnaise. How to make Hawaiian Macaroni Salad: Here are the basic steps to authentic macaroni salad, Hawaiian-style. Follow along, but for exact amounts, see the recipe card below.
Hawaiian Barbecue And Macaroni Salad step by step
- Marinate your beef in a bowl with the soy Sauce Worcestershire sauce ginger teriyaki sauce pepper brown sauger and whisk all together add beef let Marinate for 1 hour.
- Add beef to skillet brown then add more teriyaki if u want set aside make your Macaroni salad.
- Boil the elbow Macaroni add Mayonnaise then chill in Fridge.
- And if u want the beef on top of the rice is great it is Optional.
- Make sure and save some Teriyaki sauce and heat it up a bit and u can add more on top of your beef or rice.
First, cook the macaroni in a large pot of salted water. Try to cook the macaroni just to the point of overcooking it. The noodles should be soft, fat, and ready to soak up. The food always tastes "fresh" and is served nice & hot and in very generous portions. Hawaiian macaroni salad, like most pasta salads, will last for a few days in the fridge.