Dinner Time Mac Salad. Easy Macaroni Salad may seem like a silly recipe since most people tend to go to the grocery store deli and load up on sides (like Pea Salad and Crab Salad too!) in preparation for big parties. But pasta salad can be so easy it won't even be worth the grocery store trip. Dinner Time Mac Salad This mac salad is not like those youll find in the store or at KFC.
A versatile and fool-proof pasta salad with an incredible creamy dressing!. A great summer recipe, our Macaroni Salad recipe is perfect to take to gatherings or parties, Bbq's, lunches or dinners, or simply to serve as a side dish. When can I serve Mac Salad? You can have Dinner Time Mac Salad using 13 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Dinner Time Mac Salad
- You need of Main ingredient.
- You need 16 oz of package of pasta whatever you like, I used large sized elbows.
- You need 1 can of tuna in water, you can use two cans if you really like tuna, not me….
- You need 1 large of vadalia onion chopped small.
- Prepare 1 can of peas, drained really well although I didn't have any to use today.
- Prepare of Dressing.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Helmanns mayo, yes it makes a difference….
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper, fresh would be better.
- You need 3/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 3/4 tbsp of sugar for slight sweetness (optional).
- You need 1/2 tbsp of sweet relish (optional).
Deli Mac Salad goes great at any large family gathering, potluck, community gathering or even a BBQ. This salad is especially popular during the summer months but it can be eaten and enjoyed any time of the year! Serve Macaroni Salad with Hamburgers, Taco Salad, Grilled Tri Tip, BBQ Ribs, or even Honey Chicken I was jokingly told it was an 'Island Secret', but of course I knew better! Authentic and oh so simple recipe, makes up this traditional Hawaiian Macaroni Salad.
Dinner Time Mac Salad step by step
- This salad is a meal in itself, one my sons have always enjoyed.
- Start by boiling water in a large pot, add your pasta and cook about 8 minutes, should be al dente, dont want it mushy, drain and rinse with cold water until pasta is cool. Put pasta, tuna, onions and any veggie you are using together with other ingredients in a large bowl and GENTLY mix, so you dont get good all over like I do, chill until ready to eat.
A sweet out-of-the-ordinary dressing makes this homemade macaroni salad special. My aunt gave me the recipe and it has become one of my favorites. I occasionally leave out the green pepper if I know that people don't like it … and it still tastes great. —Idalee Scholz, Cocoa Beach, Florida. Get Recipe And that means tasty and totable side dishes like macaroni salad. There are endless ways to turn a box of macaroni into a pasta salad—pick two to three vegetables, your favorite dressing try creamy ranch dressing, pesto, or a simple vinaigrette), and add cooked, cooled macaroni.