Amazing Macaroni Salad. My classic macaroni salad is a crowd-pleaser at summer BBQs, picnics, and potlucks! I have been making it for years! It's got the perfect level of crunch, with tender macaroni, and the most addicting sweet.
Don't leave anything out or you are missing out big time because all of these flavors go oh so well together. This simple macaroni salad recipe is truly magical. It's a recipe that my mom's been making for years and years, and I can remember sneaking to the refrigerator when I was a kid to have a big bite of this amazing macaroni salad before it was set out for guests. You can cook Amazing Macaroni Salad using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Amazing Macaroni Salad
- Prepare 2 cup of Macaroni (Elbow is prefered).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of celery.
- You need 1/3 cup of onion.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of peppers (mix up the colors!).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of cucumber.
- You need 1/3 cup of celery.
- You need 1/2 cup of mayo.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of cider vinegar.
- It’s 3 tbsp of sour cream.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt and pepper.
- You need 3/4 tsp of honey mustard (dijon).
In other words, this sweet macaroni salad (it's also nice and tangy!) is SO. Keep in mind Macaroni Salad is/was traditionally made in order to use up left overs. It was not a side dish but for many families a main course (the only course) which if a family was lucky enough to scrape some pork/ham trimmings or turkey, chicken scraps and yes even fish cought by a family member, then this meal would have been one of the. This is, by far, the best macaroni salad I've ever put into my mouth.
Amazing Macaroni Salad instructions
- Cook and drain the macaroni.
- Cut up all the vegetables to preferred size.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in a separate bowl. mix the vegetables and macaroni together..
- Add the dressing to the macaroni and veggies. Mix them all together..
- Chill for AT LEAST 3 hours. Making it the day before and letting chill over night is usually the best but for last minute occasions, 3 hours..
It has a perfect blend of sweetness and tartness, and it is so pretty with all of the multi-colored veggies. Be ready for this to disappear before you put it on the table! I have six children, and it is all I can do to keep them from nibbling on it while I'm mixing it up! Great macaroni salad and definitely classic picnic food! Everyone has their own take on these types of things and I adjusted this to my own taste preferences as well.