Mac salad. Great macaroni salad and definitely classic picnic food! Everyone has their own take on these types of things and I adjusted this to my own taste preferences as well. Made with cooked macaroni pasta, red bell peppers (or capsicum), shredded carrot, red onions, dill pickles, crisp celery and chives tossed in the ULTIMATE dressing made with mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar to balance out the acidity.
Think macaroni and deviled egg have a love child, and you'll be in the vicinity of this macaroni salad. There is a hard boiled egg, some roasted red bell pepper, chopped spring onions, a generous amount of mayo, and seasoning with sweet paprika. Delicious salad, except of course with this Virus going around I haven't been to the store. You can cook Mac salad using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mac salad
- You need 1 cup of boiled macroni.
- You need 1 cup of bellpepper chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of capsicum chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of rajma boiled.
- You need 1 of tomato chopped.
- It’s 1 of onion chopped.
- It’s 1 of cucumber chopped.
- You need 1 of carrot chopped.
- You need 1 cup of peanut.
- You need 1 cup of iceberg lettuce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of thai chilli sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of sesame seeds.
I used a little bit of chives from my garden instead of onions,real sugar, regular mustard and a little dill pickle juice, and added a couple more eggs. Best macaroni salad in a long time! Thanks for the recipe 🙂 This is a classic, tasty, easy macaroni salad recipe! Made with classic ingredient staples including celery, red pepper, and onion and coated in a simple creamy mayo-based dressing, this is guaranteed to be a hit at every cookout and potluck this year!
Mac salad step by step
- Boil macroni in boiling water.drain and keep aside.
- Chopped all the vegetables.keep aside.
- Make a salad dressing with thai chilli sauce, olive oil,lemon,salt and pepper..
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.garnish with sesame seeds..
Stir in macaroni, celery, green pepper and onion. Serve chilled or at room temperature. A macaroni salad recipe that's creamy but still light, sweet but tangy, and has a wonderful mix of flavor, spice, and texture. This Classic Macaroni Salad recipe is a hit at parties, BBQs and with adults and kids alike. Keep in mind Macaroni Salad is/was traditionally made in order to use up left overs.