Chicken Tinola with a Twist – this is recipe you’re looking for? Please look at the menu list to choose the recipe and beverage you want to try.
You can easy and quick have Chicken Tinola with a Twist using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you to achieve this.
Ingredients that must be prepared for Chicken Tinola with a Twist :
- Set of Chicken.
- It’s of Red Onion.
- make ready of Garlic.
- It’s of Ginger.
- make ready of Sayote.
- You need of Pechay.
- make ready of Patis (Fish Sauce).
- It’s of Canola Oil.
- Set of Water.
- It’s of Salt.
- make ready of Ground Black Pepper.
Chicken Tinola with a Twist preparation
- PREPARE THE INGREDIENTS Peel the onion and slice thinly. Peel the garlic and chop finely. Peel the ginger (using a spoon or peeler) and slice thinly..
- Cut the sayote (chayote) lengthwise into 4 parts. Cut out the seed and discard it. Then cut again lengthwise into sticks. Peel and discard the skin. Then cut each stick diagonally into 3 pieces..
- Slice off the bottom of the pechay, about 1-inch from the base. Check each leaf for insects. If the leaf is too big, cut it in half vertically. Soak the leaves in salted water for 5 minutes, then rinse well under running water..
- Cut the chicken into pieces. Wash it under running water, drain excess water, and set aside..
- COOKING INSTRUCTIONS Heat a large skillet or pot over medium heat and add the oil. Add the ginger slices and saute for about a minute. Add the red onion and stir fry for about a minute. Add the garlic and stir fry for about a minute, until soft..
- Add the chicken pieces. Mix and turn the chicken for about 1 1/2 minutes to coat the meat with oil. Season with fish sauce, a pinch of salt and ground black pepper. Mix well to distribute the seasoning. Cover with lid and cook for 5 minutes..
- Add the sayote sticks and mix. Cover again with lid and cook for another 5 minutes. Add about 1 liter of hot water and bring to boil. Once it boils, turn the heat to low. Cover with lid and simmer until the chicken and sayote are tender..
- Add the pechay leaves and soak it into the soup. Cover with lid and simmer for 2-4 minutes until the pechay leaves are tender but crisp. Lastly, give it a good stir and adjust the seasoning according to taste..
- Serve it hot in a bowl paired with steamed rice and a side of fish sauce with squeezed calamansi or lemon juice. Enjoy!.