Superb Macaroni Salad. Great recipe for Superb Macaroni Salad. I came up with this recipe while keeping the taste of the supermarket's macaroni salad in mind. It's important to wait until just before eating to mix in the yogurt.
We're putting a twist on the classic Macaroni Salad. Add cheddar, bacon and potato chips to make this an instant crowd favorite! This buttery pasta dish calls for orzo, which cooks quickly and is a nice change from ordinary pasta shapes. You can have Superb Macaroni Salad using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Superb Macaroni Salad
- It’s 200 grams of Macaroni.
- It’s 1 of Cucumber.
- It’s 1/2 of Onion.
- It’s 6 slice of Sliced ham.
- Prepare 8 tbsp of Yogurt (unsweetened).
- Prepare 1 pinch of of each Dried parsley.
- It’s of Macaroni salad sauce.
- You need 120 ml of Mayonnaise.
- You need 1 tbsp of Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Japanese mustard.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Krazy Salt.
- Prepare 1 pinch of White pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Milk.
- It’s of Macaroni seasonings.
- You need 1 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Vinegar.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- It’s 1 dash of Pepper.
Orzo recipes make a superb side dish anytime, and in this dish, the garlic and Parmesan cheese really stand out. —Stephanie Moon, Boise, Idaho This Easy Macaroni Salad recipe is a favorite of mine for barbeques and summer gatherings. Since then I have changed up the ingredients a bit to make it more to my taste. Meatless macaroni salad with cubed cheese and cream cheese, crushed pineapple, pickle relish and lots of crunchy vegetables. I made this for Sam six years ago, a few months after she turned vegetarian.
Superb Macaroni Salad step by step
- Thinly slice the onions and cucumbers and sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of salt to draw out the moisture. Let sit for 15 minutes, then squeeze out the moisture..
- Boil the macaroni. Bring a generous amount of water to a boil in a pot, then add 0.5% worth of salt..
- While boiling, prepare the macaroni seasonings..
- Once the pasta has boiled for the amount of time listed on the package, drain..
- Drain the hot water, then add the macaroni to the bowl from Step 3. Mix the macaroni up with the seasonings, then let it cool..
- Cut the ham into 3 mm slices, loosening the pieces as you cut..
- Once the macaroni has cooled, add the vegetables and sauce and mix. Note: Don't add the yogurt yet..
- Mix well with chopsticks. Transfer to an air-tight container and chill in the refrigerator..
- Just before eating, mix with the yogurt. Sprinkle with dried parsley and serve..
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Rinse under cold water, drain, and set aside. A Simple & Superb Egg Salad Sandwich. I was in the mood for a simple egg salad sandwich lately. D. and I whipped up the following recipe, which both of us agreed is as good as any recipe can get.