Japanese Macaroni Salad with Tofu. Boil water with a table spoon of salt. Great recipe for Japanese Macaroni Salad with Tofu. I didn't have vegetables to make a salad.
We are often trained to cook pasta till al dente. You can be a pasta rebel for once! The reason why we cook the pasta longer for the salad is to create the tender, mochi-mochi texture. You can cook Japanese Macaroni Salad with Tofu using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Japanese Macaroni Salad with Tofu
- Prepare 100 grams of Macaroni.
- Prepare 1/2 block of Tofu.
- It’s 1/2 of Carrot.
- Prepare 7 grams of Hijiki seaweed (dried).
- You need 1 tbsp of Shio-kombu.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Ponzu.
- You need 5 tbsp of Mayonnaise.
- You need 1 dash of Salt.
Thinly slice Cucumber into a bowl. Cook Macaroni in a large saucepan of salted boiling water as instructed. Drain, rinse with cold water and drain very well. Squeeze the Cucumber to remove excess water.
Japanese Macaroni Salad with Tofu instructions
- Wrap the tofu with a paper towel, put on a heatproof plate, and microwave..
- Let it cool, then drain excess water. Transfer into a bowl while crumbling by hand..
- Chop the carrot into quarter-rounds. Boil water in a pot, and cook the macaroni. 5 minutes before the macaroni is ready, add the carrot and hijiki seaweed to the pot..
- When they are cooked, drain excess water. Transfer the macaroni, carrot, and hijiki seaweed to the bowl with the tofu. While they are still hot, add ponzu sauce and shio-konbu, then mix..
- Add mayonnaise and mix, then it's done. After tasting, if you find the taste weak, sprinkle a small amount of salt..
Cook the macaroni according to package instructions. Drain pasta, add back to the pot and cover with cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain in a colander and toss with a good drizzle of oil. Add to a large salad bowl.; While the noodles are cooking prep and chop the veggies, pickles and tofu and add to the salad bowl. Serve this simple salad on its own or share it as an appetizer along with Chinese Broccoli, Japanese Mushroom Rice, or Baked Salmon (with the BEST marinade).