My Granny's Macaroni Salad. DISCLAIMER: This is my Grandma Payne's recipe for the macaroni salad she would always bring to cookouts and parties. All measurements are "best guesses" as she never measured a thing!. A sweet macaroni salad just like Grandma used to make.
The macaroni is boiled on the soft side, so the flavor seeps right in. Prepare macaroni according to package directions for al dente or firm pasta. Drain well and rinse under cold water until pasta is cold. You can cook My Granny's Macaroni Salad using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of My Granny's Macaroni Salad
- Prepare 100 grams of Boiled macaroni (curly-type).
- You need 1 small of Potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of Boiled egg.
- You need 1 small of Carrot.
- It’s 1 of Cucumber.
- It’s 3 of to 4 tablespoons Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and pepper.
It has everything you want: Ham, bacon, cheese, eggs, veggies, and a creamy dressing! Storing your classic macaroni salad is easy. Just put it in an airtight container with a secure lid in the fridge. How to Make Grandma's Macaroni Salad.
My Granny's Macaroni Salad step by step
- Boil the macaroni a minute longer than the package directions state, then drain, rinse in cold water, and drain again..
- Thinly slice the cucumber and rub with two pinches of salt (not listed). When wilted, squeeze out the water..
- Boil the carrots and potatoes until soft. Cut the carrots into quarter rounds and peel the potatoes..
- In a bowl, add the potatoes from Step 3, the boiled egg, and mash..
- Add the following ingredients to Step 4's bowl in the order listed, mixing each time. Macaroni → Cucumber → Carrot → Salt & Pepper → Mayonnaise. Continue to mix, then you're all done..
Mix the macaroni, celery, bell pepper and onion in a large bowl. Whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper to make a smooth dressing. Pour dressing over the vegetables, mix well and refrigerate for several hours. Give the salad a good stir before serving.. In the images on this page my veggies are most definitely chopped much larger than how I normally prep them for my homemade macaroni salad.