Macaroni Salad With Tomato Cream Sauce. Cook pasta according to package directions. Heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and saute for a minute or so.
Macaroni Salad Pasta Salad Potato Salad. Tomato-Cream Sauce for Pasta Tomato-Cream Sauce for Pasta. Great recipe for Macaroni Salad With Tomato Cream Sauce. You can have Macaroni Salad With Tomato Cream Sauce using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Macaroni Salad With Tomato Cream Sauce
- You need 1 small of Tomato (or canned tomato).
- Prepare 80 grams of If using canned tomatoes.
- You need 20 grams of Cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 of heaping teaspoon Soup stock granules.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Sugar.
- It’s 50 of to 60 grams Macaroni.
- You need 1/2 medium of Cucumber.
- It’s 1 of Other additions like sausages, corn, etc. of your choice.
- It’s 1 of Salt.
- You need 1 of Pepper.
I love penne with cream cheese, so I tried using cream cheese in a salad too. Take care not to burn yourself when peeling the tomatoes. If the tomatoes you have are very sour, increase the amount of sugar. Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the cream.
Macaroni Salad With Tomato Cream Sauce instructions
- Cut the tomato in half vertically and slice off the stems..
- Put the tomato halves in a heatproof bowl, cover with plastic wrap and microwave until softened (1-2 minutes at 700 W)..
- Remove the skin from the tomato, and mix with the cream cheese, soup stock granules and sugar while still hot, mashing up the tomato as you mix..
- If using canned tomato, heat up and mix with the other ingredients..
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise and slice about 2-3 mm thick. Sprinkle with a little salt and leave for a while. Squeeze out the excess moisture..
- Cook the macaroni following the instructions on the package..
- Drain the macaroni and place in the bowl from Step 3. Add the cucumber and other additions too and mix. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper and put on serving plates..
- I added some fish sausage and corn here..
Add cheese to taste, then check the seasoning. Stir in the pasta and thin with a little pasta water if. It is a forgiving sauce as mentioned and I also have made the "mother" recipe of chicken in sundried tomato cream sauce. It's no picnic without macaroni salad. Chef John's Classic Macaroni Salad "Spicy and delicious and a big hit with my family." – Kathi.