Salmon bellies braised in sweet soy and ginger. Great recipe for Salmon bellies braised in sweet soy and ginger. The high fat content in salmon belly makes it perfect for braising. If you can't get your hands on salmon belly, use a centre cut fillet and just trim the back so it's not too much thicker than the belly.
And be sure to take it off the heat the second the fish is cooked through. In a small bowl, toss the ginger with the flour. Remove the ginger sticks to a paper-towel lined plate and sprinkle them lightly with salt. You can cook Salmon bellies braised in sweet soy and ginger using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Salmon bellies braised in sweet soy and ginger
- It’s 1 of thumb-sized nub ginger, peeled, cut into very thin matchsticks.
- You need 8 cloves of garlic, sliced thinly.
- It’s 650 g of salmon belly, boneless, skinless and trimmed.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 2 cups of water.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of Maggi sauce.
- You need 3 of green onions, chopped.
Braised Pork in Sweet Soy Sauce – Tender pieces of pork braised in a flavorful sauce with a touch of heat. Made with just a small list of simple ingredients, this is a great way to switch up your weekly rotation with a fabulously easy takeout-fakeout dinner. While the salmon cooks, we'll make the super-easy sweet ginger soy glaze. The soy sauce brings salty, savory flavors to the coating while the honey sweetens things up.
Salmon bellies braised in sweet soy and ginger step by step
- Add a splash of veg oil to a large nonstick pan on medium-high heat. Add the ginger and fry for 1 minute. Add the garlic and fry another 1 minute..
- Lay the fish into the pan in a single layer, on top of the ginger and garlic. Let cook 2 minutes, then add the soy sauce and water. Turn the heat down the medium-low. Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes..
- Remove the cover. Give the pan a shake to make sure nothing's sticking. Add a few grinds of freshly cracked black pepper, as well as the sugar and Maggi sauce. Let cook uncovered for 5 minutes, basting the sauce over the fish regularly. Do not flip the fish. Serve with a sprinkle of green onions..
Combine them together over low heat and you get a glaze that will pair perfectly with our steamed salmon. This Sweet Soy Braised Pork Belly is one of those Slow Cooker recipes that's a sure crowd pleaser. Melt in your mouth pork belly braised in a lightly spiced sweet soy sauce. Poh says "My favourite thing about making this in the Crock-Pot® Express Crock XL Multi-Cooker is you can just walk away and get on with other things. Season the salmon with pepper and add it to the skillet, skinned side up.