Zucchini Pasta with Tuna and Summer Squash. When you've got a bumper crop, use it up with these summer squash and zucchini recipe ideas, from zucchini bread to summer squash saute.. On lazy summer weekends, we like chicken and yellow squash tossed with bow tie pasta. Add extra fresh grated Parmesan for a Sunday touch. —Sarah Smiley, Bangor, Maine.
When summer gives you <i>so much squash</i>, transform your fresh bounty of yellow squash and zucchini into these top-rated recipes. Tasty New Ways To Cook Yellow Squash. Check out these top-rated recipes and put a new spin on your squash. You can cook Zucchini Pasta with Tuna and Summer Squash using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Zucchini Pasta with Tuna and Summer Squash
- You need of Fresh Zucchini Pasta.
- Prepare of Sliced Summer Squash.
- Prepare of Canned Tuna (1 Can per person).
- It’s of Olive Oil.
- You need of Minced Garlic.
- It’s of Chili Powder.
- It’s of Italian Seasoning.
- It’s of Parmesan.
Cheesy Squash and Zucchini Casserole Summer squash season is just around the corner, and as usual, zucchini is the leader of the pack. This sweet, summertime squash makes a wonderful appetizer or side dish, but how to make it a meal? Zucchini boats are the perfect way to make an otherwise light veggie side into a hearty and filling meal. To make zucchini boats, simply scoop the flesh out of the zucchini halves and stuff.
Zucchini Pasta with Tuna and Summer Squash instructions
- Before Cooking,your convert your whole Zucchini's into delectable vegetable pasta. Make as much as desired, but for planning I would recommend 2-3 medium zucchini's per person..
- Pour a liberal helping of olive oil into a pan for sautéing. Heat it up and then add minced Garlic, chili powder, and Italian Seasoning. Allow the mixture to sauté for about a minute..
- Add the Zucchini Pasta and allow it to cook for 5 min. While cooking, slice up your summer squash..
- Add your cans of tuna (Including the tuna water!) and summer squash into the pan. Toss around the mixture so it is evenly mixed, and allow to cook for 5 more minutes..
- Serve pasta and sprinkle on the Parmesan! Enjoy!.
Add the squash back to the pan along with the lemon juice and half the lemon zest. Add the pasta to the skillet, and toss to combine. Mix in the squash and zucchini, adding a tablespoon more of olive oil if needed. Throughout the cooking process add the dried oregano, salt, pepper, and pepper flakes one pinch at a time until desired taste is achieved. Remove from the oven and place the zucchini in a single layer in a shallow baking dish or gratin dish that will fit them snugly in an even layer.