Vegetarian stuffed zucchini, eggplants. Stuffed baked eggplant with lentils and vegan cheese! This is a simple vegetarian weeknight dinner, side dish or entrée which contains wholesome ingredients. The recipe is meat-free, plant-based, healthy, low-carb, and easy to make!
Core out the center of the eggplants and zucchinis and reuse the inner flesh for another recipe such as baba ghanough or zucchini bread. Combine all ingredients for the stuffing. Fill each vegetable halfway with the stuffing, as it will increase in size as it cooks. You can have Vegetarian stuffed zucchini, eggplants using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian stuffed zucchini, eggplants
- You need 1 cup of rice (3/4 American, 1/4 Egyptian).
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sweet pepper.
- Prepare 1 of medium sized onion diced.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic diced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need 1 of big ripe tomato diced.
- You need 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried mint.
- Prepare 10 of zucchinis (bought ready for stuffing).
- Prepare 10 of eggplants (bought ready for stuffing).
- Prepare 5 of squash (bought ready for stuffing).
- You need 1 of lemon.
This vegan stuffed eggplant by Melissa from Cilantro and Citronella is the perfect dish for spring and summer! The roasted eggplant is topped with fresh summer vegetables and a delicious homemade tomato sauce. Vegan Eggplant Shakshuka with Tofu Scramble Vegan Vegetarian. This slightly fancier version of the stuffed zucchini has prawns and cremini mushrooms, and would be delicious for a dinner party..
Vegetarian stuffed zucchini, eggplants instructions
- Wash the rice and soak it for 30 minutes.
- The stuffing: Dice the onions, the garlic and mix it with the rice, cinnamon, sweet pepper and salt. You can add a tablespoon of cooking oil..
- Stuff the vegetables but keep 1/4 empty.
- In a pot, put some oil and add the tomato sauce.. Stir around till it turns orange-like.
- Add the tomatoes and garlic and stir and then add the lemon juice and the dried mint.
- Remove from the heat and start placing the stuffed vegetables..
- Fill with water until the vegetables are under 1cm of water..
- Put back on high heat until boil and then set the heat to medium.. The dish should be ready in 30 to 45 minutes..
Eggplant stuffed with eggs, capers, and cheese is southern Italian dish you'll want to try. Eggplants are stuffed with a flavorful tomato mixture and baked in tomato sauce for this Armenian imam bayildi dish.. This is a vegetarian, Greek-style recipe for eggplant rolls filled with mozzarella and tomato and served with bell pepper sauce. Ideal as a starter for a vegetarian dinner party.. Eggplant, zucchini, potatoes and onion are.