Salmon fingers. These are great to store in the freezer, and are a fantastic finger food for weaning babies too! The children love good old fish fingers, so I thought that would be a great place to begin, with home made Norwegian salmon fish fingers. These little salmon goujons are really quick and easy to make.
Meanwhile, prepare the honey dill dip. Mix together the mayonnaise, honey and dill then place in a small bowl or ramekin. Serve with a side of mushy peas and wedge of lemon to drizzle over the salmon fingers. You can cook Salmon fingers using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Salmon fingers
- You need of salmon fingers.
- Prepare 1 of salmon steak.
- Prepare 1 of spray olive oil.
- You need 1 of garlic salt.
- You need of dill sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tsp of butter or margerine.
- You need 1 tsp of dill.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sour cream.
- It’s 1 of mix ingredients in small saucepan. Stir on medium heat to make sauce..
Season the flour, then dip the strips of salmon in it to coat. Dust off any excess, then dip in the egg and finally roll in the breadcrumbs. Dip each salmon finger in the beaten egg and then in the breadcrumbs, to evenly coat. You may also like Salmon & leek parcel This smoked salmon appetizer ticks all my boxes for finger food: it's fast to make loads (no fiddly assembly), it's served at room temperature and can be made ahead.
Salmon fingers step by step
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with aerosol olive oil..
- Remove skin if present. Cut salmon steak into ~ 1" x 3" (2cm x 6cm) strips and arrange on baking sheet.
- If desired dribble dill sauce over salmon fingers.
- Sprinkle salmon fingers with garlic salt.
- Place under broiler set to high for 5 minutes..
- Remove baking sheet and turn salmon fingers. Repeat steps 3-5..
Oh – and it looks gorgeous and tastes fabulous! It was a hit with my taste testers! Smoked Salmon Appetizer Salmon fillet seems so perfect baked whole, it never occurred to me to cut it into pieces. Turning salmon into crispy salmon fish fingers was a great idea! Why you will love this recipe.