Zucchini "meatballs". Zucchini Meatballs are meatless, made with grated zucchini, garlic, Pecorino Romano, basil, bread crumbs and egg, then baked in the oven and finished in a Pomodoro sauce. Zucchini "Meatballs" These vegetarian meatballs were a HUGE hit in my house, I even let my neighbors and friends try and everyone loved them! Drain the meatballs on a plate lined with paper towels.
This will help develop the flavors and most of all, make it easier to drain as much moisture as possible from the zucchini. Line a baking sheet with non stick foil. In a large skillet, drizzle olive oil and heat over medium high heat. You can cook Zucchini "meatballs" using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Zucchini "meatballs"
- It’s of zucchinis 2 large.
- You need 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 cup of parmesan grated.
- Prepare of basil fresh chopped.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare of garlic 2 minced.
- Prepare of olive oil.
Cut off the bottoms of each zucchini and use a cheese grater or box grater to shred into a large bowl. Using a dish towel, squeeze out excess liquid from the shredded zucchini. Serve them with marinara sauce over roasted spaghetti squash or sauteed zucchini noodles. Squeeze zucchini in a potato ricer or clean kitchen towel to remove.
Zucchini "meatballs" instructions
- Pre heat oven 400. Shred your zucchinis..
- Add oil to a saute pan and add garlic. Cook 30 seconds..
- Add zucchini. Salt pepper. Fold and mix on high till water has evaporated. 7 to 10 minutes.
- Drain and cool in a caulinder..
- In a bowl mix bread crumbs, parmesan, zucchini, basil, and egg..
- Roll into little balls. Place on baking dish. Bake 25 or so..
- In a sauté pan add marinara sauce. Add zucchini balls and cook about 5 minutes. Serve over spaghetti. Enjoy..
- You can "fry" the zucchini balls in a saute pan to crisp them up instead of baking..
These zucchini meatballs are packed with zucchini, cheese and seasonings. They make a crowd-pleasing appetizer with marinara sauce for dipping. They're also delicious served with pasta for dinner. With fresh zucchini at its best right now, it's the perfect time to try lots of zucchini recipes. Roll the zucchini meatballs over the breadcrumbs until fully coated.