Zucchini Orzotto. For the orzotto: Place vegetable broth in a small saucepan and bring to a bare simmer. For the orzotto: Place vegetable broth in a small saucepan and bring to a bare simmer. Zucchini Orzotto is a entree recipe from Laura Vitale.
Cook for a few minutes, stirring until barley grains are glossy. Place lid over pot and allow to come to a simmer. Can't Get Enough Mac 'n Cheese? You can cook Zucchini Orzotto using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Zucchini Orzotto
- Prepare 2 of small Zucchinis thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 cup of orzo pasta.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of chicken stock.
- You need 1 Tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of freshly grated parmiggiano cheese.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
Dice ½ of a large onion. View Recipe: Orzotto with Green and White Asparagus Shaped liked a melon seed or a large grain of rice, orzo works well as a side dish and in soups, casseroles, and salads. In our first risotto-style dish, Orzotto with Green and White Asparagus, orzo takes the place of Arborio rice, turning rich and creamy as it is stirred to doneness. Orzotto is one of those recipes where it is especially important to practice mis-en-place, or having everything ready to go before you start.
Zucchini Orzotto instructions
- In a shallow pan or large saucepan, add the oil, allow it to get nice and hot over medium high heat, add the zucchini and saute until they soften and develop some caramelized color, about 10 minutes (stirring often)..
- Add the orzo, stir it around the zucchini cooking them together for about a minute, add the stock, bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes or until the orzo is fully cooked and it’s absorbed all the liquid..
- Season to taste with some salt and pepper, stir in the cheese and butter and dig in!.
There is a fair amount of slicing, dicing and chopping plus a bit of stirring (although not as much as for risotto) so you want to have all the ingredients within easy reach. The zucchini can be added to the salad raw, grilled, or roasted in the oven first. I used a countertop grill to grill the slices, then cut them into quarter rounds after grilling. Zucchini Orzotto Bella Fort Worth, Texas. In a shallow pan or large saucepan, add the oil, allow it to get nice and hot.