Stuffed acorn squash. Place squash, face up, in a shallow baking dish. The Best Baked Stuffed Acorn Squash Recipes on Yummly Cut each end off squash and halve.
Stuffed acorn squash filled with brown rice, lean ground beef, tomatoes and warming spices is a comforting and splendidly colorful dish loaded with earthy and delicious flavors. Stuffed Acorn Squash, a Savory, Seasonal Stunner. Acorn squash stuffed with ground beef, pork sausage, onions, garlic, and cheddar cheese. You can have Stuffed acorn squash using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stuffed acorn squash
- Prepare 1 of acorn squash.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of quinoa rinsed and drained.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable broth.
- It’s 2 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of sliced green onions.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chopped garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of dried cranberries.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped pecans.
- You need 1/4 cup of cannellini beans drained and rinsed.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of grated orange peel.
- Prepare 1 tbs of fresh chopped parsley.
Serve with tossed salad and crusty bread for a simple, tasty meal. Stuffed Acorn Squash fills tender roasted acorn squash with sausage, apple, wild rice, and tons of vegetables. Perfect as a side dish or main course! Fall is here, and that means it's time to break out the squash recipes!
Stuffed acorn squash step by step
- Preheat oven to 375° Spray baking pan with cooking spray. Cut squash in half, remove seeds. Slice the bottom of each half so squash will sit flat. Place squash cut sides down in pan, bake 30 minutes..
- Meanwhile in a saucepan heat vegetable broth to boiling. Add quinoa, reduce heat, cover with lid and simmer 15 minutes..
- In a skillet over medium heat cook onions and garlic for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, add all remaining ingredients except parsley and stir well..
- Remove squash from oven, turn squash cut sides up. Divide the mixture evenly and stuff the squash pressing down and form a slight mound over top. Cover loosely with foil. Bake 20-30 minutes until squash is tender and filling is heated through. Sprinkle with parsley and serve..
Add water and cover with foil. Meanwhile, cook beef, onion and celery over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Baked Acorn Squash are stuffed with a delicious rice and mushroom mixture and then baked again. This side dish is hearty and flavorful. It's also a great vegetarian main dish option!