Creamy Italian Sausage Potato Soup. Delicious sausages made with premium ingredients. Creamy Italian Sausage and Potato Soup. My take on the famous "cheeseburger soup" This hearty soup pairs perfectly with a lighter side dish like a salad.
In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. In a Dutch oven, combine the potatoes, broth, water, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir in the Swiss chard, cream, bacon and sausage. You can have Creamy Italian Sausage Potato Soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Italian Sausage Potato Soup
- You need 2 of lbs. ground Italian Sausage.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, quartered and thin sliced.
- It’s 6 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 3 of Potatoes, skin on, diced.
- You need 1 (10 oz.) of pkg frozen chopped spinach.
- Prepare 2-3 Tbsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of dried basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need of Salt & pepper.
- It’s 2 qts. of Chicken Stock.
- It’s 1 qt. of Heavy Cream.
- You need 3 tsp of cornstarch, if needed to thicken.
The Best Sausage And Potato Soup Potatoes Recipes on Yummly Baked Potato Soup, Potato Soup, Leek Potato Soup. Tuscan Sausage Potato Soup is a rich and creamy soup perfect for busy weeknights! Made this Spinach/potato/sausage soup with a few variations so my husband would eat it. :).
Creamy Italian Sausage Potato Soup instructions
- In large soup pot add the Italian sausage broken into pieces. Cook over medium high heat to start browning and then add in the onion slices. Stir to combine and cook. Add in the minced garlic, stir and cook 1 minute..
- Next add in all the spices, stir to combine..
- Next add in the diced potatoes and chopped spinach. Stir to combine. Add in chicken stock stock. Stir, reduce heat to medium and cook until potatoes are done..
- Last add in heavy cream and adjust seasoning if needed. At this point if not thick enjoy make a slurry with the cornstarch. Enjoy!.
I used MILD Italian sausage and left out the pepper flakes. I also optioned out of the pepper flakes and the dairy (heavy cream). Basically no dairy and not too spicy. Brown and crumble Italian sausage in a large stock pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Remove sausage with a slotted spoon and drain excess drippings from pot.