Sweet Toasted Acorn ( Winter ) Squash Seeds. After removing the seeds from the squash, rinse with water, and remove any strings and bits of squash. Pat dry, and place in a small bowl. Stir the olive oil and salt into the seeds until evenly coated.
Next time you slice open an acorn squash give these crunchy, salty Roasted Acorn Squash Seeds a try! I have a little secret to share with you. When you toss acorn squash seeds with a little olive oil and garlic salt and roast them in the oven they turn into an irresistible snack. You can cook Sweet Toasted Acorn ( Winter ) Squash Seeds using 7 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet Toasted Acorn ( Winter ) Squash Seeds
- Prepare 2 cup of acorn squash or butternut squash seeds.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of melted butter.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of brown sugar.
- You need 3/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 2 1/4 tbsp of sugar.
Transfer seeds to paper towels to drain. Their seeds are smaller, and so much more tender and flavorful that those cardboard pumpkin seeds. Once I came to grips with this reality, I began experimenting with other types of squash seeds and that's where all the deliciousness begins. Tender, sweet and delicious, Thelma Sanders' cooks up to a buttery-soft texture and unmatchable flavor.
Sweet Toasted Acorn ( Winter ) Squash Seeds instructions
- these seeds are wonderful for sweet trail mixes, to eat alone, or put on top of a pumpkin pie or sweet potato pie for garnish, or on top of fruit salads or yogurt!.
- preheat oven to 325.
- clean seeds of all pulp, rinse and pat dry..
- melt butter..
- toss seeds in butter..
- add seasonings to butter and toss seeds well to coat..
- spread seeds out on a foil or parchment paper line baking sheet slightly sprayed with butter flavor baking spray..
- roast 10 minutes on top shelf of oven. then toss seeds to roast evenly..
- bake another ten minutes and toss again..
- watch ur seeds as the inside can burn..do a small taste test to ensure they are crispy enough.. if not add 3 minutes or so..
- remove from oven, and transfer to a plate or bowl to cool…
- note: when they cool they will be stuck together because of the sugar carmelizing.. just break apart with your hand when completely cool or before serving..
An heirloom originating from Missouri, this truly exceptional s Here's a brief overview of some of the most common varieties of winter squash. Acorn squash is small and round and has a dull, dark green rind with orange markings. Last weekend I cubed several acorn squashes to make roasted acorn squash with rosemary. I saved the seeds and then made Chipotle Seasoned Acorn Squash Seeds. This acorn squash recipe has been in draft form waiting to be published from nearly the start of this blog.