Coconut ginger and beef stuffed acorn squash. Coconut ginger and beef stuffed acorn squash Acorn squash stuffed with a beef, coconut cream and ginger stuffing. Acorn squash stuffed with a beef, coconut cream and ginger stuffing. It's hearty, with layers of complex flavor, but it comes together quickly enough for a weeknight dinner.
Add squash flesh, coconut milk, water, and salt. Place acorn squash cut-side down onto your baking sheet. Remove from oven and let cool. You can cook Coconut ginger and beef stuffed acorn squash using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Coconut ginger and beef stuffed acorn squash
- It’s 1 of large acorn squash.
- It’s 1 pound of 95% lean ground beef.
- Prepare 1 cup of stuffing cubes.
- You need 1 of quarter of a yellow onion.
- Prepare 1/2 of bell pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of garlic.
- It’s of Quarter of a jar of pickled ginger.
- You need of Quarter teaspoon of cumin.
- It’s of Fresh cilantro.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of brown sugar/Demerara sugar.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Quarter cup of coconut milk.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of Butter.
While your acorn squash is cooking, add a tablespoon of some kind of fat to a large pan over medium heat (I used bacon fat) then add your minced garlic and diced onion. Cut each squash in half; remove and discard seeds. Place squash in a microwave-safe dish, cut side down. Mix chutney, coconut and melted butter; spoon into centers of squash.
Coconut ginger and beef stuffed acorn squash instructions
- Combine onion pepper bread crumbs coconut milk salt pepper cumin brown sugar cilantro and pickled ginger in food processor until well-mixed.
- Stir this mixture into the ground beef.
- Cut acorn squash in half and remove seeds cut a small piece of the backside of the squash away so that it will sit flat on the cooking sheet.
- Season acorn squash with a sprinkle of garlic powder onion powder sage and some pats of butter. Fill acorn squash halves with the mixture.
- Wrap sides in aluminum foil and place on cooking sheet.
- Cook at 325 degrees for 45 minutes or until acorn squash is soft.
Acorn squash is flavored with a mixture of orange juice, ginger and nutmeg, and then baked until tender.. Have been using ginger with squash for a long time but only freshly grated ginger plus the orange juice some orange rind and brown sugar to taste. I think you will find this a little more zippy. Flip the squash halves over and scoop out some of the flesh, leaving about a half inch inside the skin. Add the scooped out squash to the beef mixture and stir to combine.