Turkey Day Pot Pie. Grandma Carlson's Turkey Pot Pie "I have made this dish twice now, my family can't get enough of it!" – Clbrannon. See how to make this five-star pot pie recipe. Make your own white sauce filling and add your favorite veggies.
It's very easy to make with ready pie crust, leftover turkey meat, lots of vegetables, and creamy sauce. Pour mixture into a casserole dish or deep pie pan. Place the crust on top of the pot pie mixture, and press crust into the sides of the dish. You can have Turkey Day Pot Pie using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Turkey Day Pot Pie
- It’s 2 of pie crust, store bought or homemade.
- Prepare 1 of Acorn squash.
- It’s 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 of Turkey, leftover from t-day and cubed.
- It’s 1 can of green beans.
- You need 1 medium of white onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of 14oz jar of Alfredo Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1 tsp of Sage.
Cut vents in the top of the crust. Savory turkey pot pie has never been so easy to make. Thanksgiving dinner leave you feeling sluggish? Turn leftovers into our better-for-you Easy Turkey Pot Pie.
Turkey Day Pot Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 400. Peel and cubed squash. In a bowl, mix squash and oil until coated. Salt and Pepper to taste..
- Spread squash onto a parchment paper cover cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes..
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together in a large bowl. When squash is roasted, add them to the mixture. Gently stir, coating squash..
- Put a layer of pie dough into a greased pie pan. Fill with mixture and cover with the second pie dough. Put 6 slits in the top dough..
- Cover the edges of dough with aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes remove foil and bake for 15 minutes more or until done..
- Cool for 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!.
Savory turkey pot pie has never been so easy to make. We have the best turkey pot pie recipes from real cooks like you, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips for the perfect pie crust. Once you have a delicious Ferndale Market Smoked Turkey Breast in your hands, treat yourself to a big pot of my turkey pot pie soup! Of course, you could use other turkey meat as well. When Blake smokes a whole turkey, I'm sure to save some of the meat for this soup and my creamy turkey wild rice soup.