Acorn squash soup. Try Our Well Yes!® Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About. Melt butter in a saucepan and sauté the onion. The recipe for this thick and creamy acorn squash soup was given to me by a fellow squash lover.
In a large saucepan, saute onion and curry powder in butter until onion is tender. Roasted Acorn Squash Soup Oh My Veggies. Place the squash halves cut side down in a baking dish. You can cook Acorn squash soup using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Acorn squash soup
- You need 3 of small acorn squash.
- It’s 1 of granny Smith apple.
- You need 4 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need of Salt n pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 4 tbsp of sour cream.
- You need 1 tsp of cayenne.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- It’s Pinch of garlic powder.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of butter.
- It’s of Olive oil.
Remove from heat, and cool slightly. Cut squash in half; remove seeds and fibers. Place squash, cut side down, on a rimmed baking sheet; cover tightly with aluminum foil. Learn how Guy Fieri prepares his creamy soup with roasted acorn squash, caramelized shallots and chicken stock.
Acorn squash soup instructions
- Cube and roast the squash with drizzled oil for 30 mins at 400 ° F..
- Cut apple and chop garlic, throw in pan on medium with butter for a few mins.
- Once squash is done, put that shiz in the pan with the broth, water, milk, sour cream. Bring to boil and simmer for 10 mins..
- Get the food processor out, blend up that yellow goodness and throw it back in the pan. Finish with some salt n pepa to flavour. Add paprika, garlic powder, and cayenne and simmer for another 10 mins..
Acorn squash soup is an amazing soup to make, if you like butternut squash chances are you will love acorn squash soup as well. If ever asked I have to say the fall is my favorite season of the whole year. Cut squash in half, remove seeds. Place cooked squash halves on paper towels on baking board and allow to cool. This acorn squash soup is one of our favorite Vitamix soup recipes!