Spiced Roasted Pumpkin Quinoa. The start of the cold season means one thing: Roasted Pumpkin Salad. But with the sun still shining outside, I decided to include some fresh and crunchy ingredients and made a Moroccan Spiced Quinoa and Pumpkin Salad. Place your pumpkin wedges onto a greased or parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
While it's hearty and wintery thanks to the quinoa and roasted pumpkin, it also has zingier, fresh elements, like the mint and lemony butter, that translate nicely into warmer weather scenarios. The quinoa base and pumpkin can be cooked in advance and cooled, or the entire dish can be served warm. This roast pumpkin quinoa salad is made with chunks of pumpkin roasted to golden, crispy-edged perfection in a coating of honey, extra virgin olive oil and spices. You can have Spiced Roasted Pumpkin Quinoa using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spiced Roasted Pumpkin Quinoa
- You need 1 of small sweet pumpkin or winter squash (300-400g) like acorn, kabocha, butternut or sweet dumpling.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of pie spices (mix of cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and ginger).
- It’s 1 dash of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of quinoa, any color or mix.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 Tbsp of honey or brown sugar (add more to taste).
Gluten free, dairy free and perfect for some healthy meal prep! Roast Pumpkin Quinoa Salad with Feta, beetroot, mixed green leaves, and toasted sunflower and pumpkin seeds drizzled with a light balsamic vinegar and honey dressing, a healthy and nutritious salad that makes a fantastic side dish or even a meal on its own. A great packed lunch option or a light dinner. Roughly chop the roasted tomatoes and add to the pan with the diced roasted pumpkin.
Spiced Roasted Pumpkin Quinoa instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C. Remove seeds and cut pumpkin or squash into small cubes. Mix with spices, oil and a bit of sugar if you want a touch of sweetness..
- Put in oven….
- After 20 minutes, turn over pumpkin/squash with a spatula and then roast for another 20 minutes..
- Meanwhile, prepare the quinoa. First, rinse 1/2 cup of quinoa with water..
- Place in a small pot with 1 cup of water and a dash or two of salt..
- Bring to a boil then turn to low. Simmer, covered with lid for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for an additional 5 minutes..
- Ta-da! Fluffy quinoa!.
- After 40 minutes of roasting, your pumpkin or squash should be browned to sweet deliciousness!.
- After quinoa has finished, roughly mix in the roasted pumpkin or squash. Sprinkle with additional touch of spice if needed and drizzle with honey (or brown sugar). Enjoy!.
Remove from the heat and allow to cool. season with sea salt and pepper and stir in the zest and juice of the lime. Serve this roasted pumpkin quinoa salad as a meal or side dish. The pumpkin is roasted with red onion, cumin, coriander, fennel seeds and maple. Peel and chop butternut pumpkin into inch-square cubes. Rinse quinoa thoroughly and place in a deep microwave safe bowl with water or vegetable stock.