Easy Crockpot Spaghetti Squash & Meatballs. Yes, it was easy, but a slow cooker cooks with moist heat, and moist heat was not the best method for spaghetti squash, at least not for me. Moist heat resulted in too-moist squash. Not overdone at all mind you, but still almost on the soggy side – it simply retained too much moisture.
Use a fork to make your "spaghetti noodles" out of the squash and add a veggies such as asparagus or broccoli to complete the meal. I know I say this a lot, but seriously… this super easy Crock Pot Spaghetti Squash with Meatballs is the BEST. It's absolutely, undeniably the best spaghetti squash I have ever. You can have Easy Crockpot Spaghetti Squash & Meatballs using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Crockpot Spaghetti Squash & Meatballs
- It’s 1 packages of Frozen meatballs.
- Prepare 1 packages of (Jar) of spaghetti sauce (we like Newmans sauce)..
- It’s 1 each of Spaghetti squash-cut in half.
Rinse off your spaghetti squash, and set it in the bowl of your slow cooker. Add one cup of water to the bottom of the slow cooker. Remove from the slow cooker, and place on a cutting board. As easy as it gets, this is a great, hands-off, and foolproof method for making slow cooker spaghetti squash.
Easy Crockpot Spaghetti Squash & Meatballs instructions
- Spray crock pot with non-stick cooking spray..
- Cut squash in half and take out the seeds. Place both halves side by side in crock pot with the cut side down..
- Pour the jar of sauce and meatballs over the squash. Stir to combine the meatballs and sauce together..
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours..
- Once it's done cooking, take out the squash and scrape/shred the insides out with a fork. The squash should be very tender. It will resemble spaghetti noodles when shredded. Discard the rind of the squash..
- Top the shredded squash with the sauce and meatballs or you can add the squash directly to the sauce mixture in the pot..
Use the slow-cooked squash for salads, as a veggie swap for pasta noodles, or as a simple fall side dish. Pierce squash a few times with a fork or knife. Spaghetti squash gets its name from the fact that the inside of the squash transforms into stringy squash strands once its cooked, very much like spaghetti noodles. Get ready for this low-carb Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti Squash recipe to become a new favorite! We're still keeping it on the (semi)healthy train today with my super easy Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti Squash!