Spaghetti Squash with Citrus Drsg. Every year Don and I go to a music festival called "Squashfest." It's held in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Everyone attending is supposed to bring a squash dish to share with others attending the festival. I brought this Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Citrus last year, and it got rave reviews.
Scoop out the seeds in the center of the squash and place them on a baking sheet. While the squash is baking, add the chicken broth, cream cheese, and pesto to a medium-sized sauce pan on medium high heat. Slice the spaghetti squash in half then remove the seeds and discard them. You can cook Spaghetti Squash with Citrus Drsg using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spaghetti Squash with Citrus Drsg
- It’s 1 of spaghetti squash, 3.5 lbd.
- It’s 3 tbsp of canola oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh lime juice.
- You need 2 tbsp of fresh orange juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of fresh lime zest.
- You need 1 medium of carrot, grated.
- Prepare 1 cup of flaked almonds, toasted.
- Prepare 3 of scallions chopped or 1/3 cup diced sweet onion.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fresh chopped cilantro.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh chopped mint.
Place the spaghetti squash on the baking sheet with the skin side up. Sprinkle with coconut oil, salt, pepper and thyme. Flip the squash so the skin side is facing up on the baking sheet then cover with tin foil. Spaghetti squash is an excellent source of fiber.
Spaghetti Squash with Citrus Drsg step by step
- Boil cleaned squash halves just until tender, about 15 minutes. Or microwave for 10 minutes over a little water. Drain & let cool. Meanwhile, combine oil, juices, lime zest in a small bowl. Whisk well and season with salt & pepper..
- When squash is cool, scrape out strands into a bowl with a fork. Toss and pat dry with a paper towel..
- Add the carrot, almonds, scallions, cilantro, & mint. Toss again..
- Pour the drsg over the salad. Toss well; taste and adjust seasoning if needed..
- Let stand for at least 30 minutes too allow the flavors to blend. Serve at room temp..
Fiber moves slowly through your digestive system, adding bulk to. Spaghetti squash lasagna boats have three layers. These include cheesy parmesan ricotta spaghetti squash, beef marinara, and melted mozzarella. I was undecided about keeping the spaghetti squash strands separate versus mixing them in with the parmesan and ricotta. I tried both ways, but it tastes better when the spaghetti squash layer is cheesy.