Extreme Veggie Spaghetti Sauce. Great recipe for Extreme Veggie Spaghetti Sauce. I got a new mandoline slicer. This called for major veggie slicing.
You can feed vegetarian, vegan, gluten free and low carb friends and family. The sauce is naturally vegan, but to make the perfect vegan spaghetti dinner you could add some homemade vegan parm. It's quick and easy to make! You can have Extreme Veggie Spaghetti Sauce using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Extreme Veggie Spaghetti Sauce
- It’s 3 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 2 cup of frozen 3 pepper and onion blend.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded carrots.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- You need of garlic grinder.
- It’s 2 of thinly slced small zuchinni.
- You need 2 of thinly sliced yellow squash.
- Prepare 4 of thinly sliced Roma tomatoes.
- It’s 2 cup of canned low sodium mushrooms. (drained).
- You need 1 of 32 oz. jar Arrabiata sauce (this is a spicy marinara sauce, any spaghetti sauce will do).
- You need 1 tbsp of oregano.
- It’s 1 tbsp of basil.
- It’s of shredded Parmesan.
This recipe I am sharing with you was from one iteration of the spaghetti sauce. Stir in mushrooms and bell peppers. Would you like any fruit in the recipe? Perfect for picky eaters or just a great way to add more veg to your family's diet.
Extreme Veggie Spaghetti Sauce instructions
- In very large skillet, season carrots and onion/pepper blend with cumin, chili, red peppers, and garlic. Heat in olive oil until carrots are soft..
- Add remaining vegetables and season with oregano and basil. Cook until veggies are soft, but not mushy..
- Stir in Arrabiata sauce. Cook until liquid us reduced. Sprinkle generously with shredded parmesan. Serve over pasta or a baked potato.
Perfect for a pasta sauce or for topping pizzas. It can also be used to replace tomato sauce in most recipes. In a large stock pot or Dutch oven heat oil over medium heat. Cook onions in oil until translucent. Stir in green and red bell peppers, zucchini, mushrooms and carrots and cook until just tender.