Bacon Beef Butternut Squash. What an amazing and simple recipe this is. Butternut squash stuffed with Grass-fed ground beef, bacon and onions. Then to "top" it off, caramelized onions in balsamic vinegar and it is heavenly.
The butternut squash is rich and a little sweet and the bacon gives the whole thing a nice salty, smoky flavor. You might be tempted to skip the main dish and just eat this for dinner, and I can guarantee you that you'll be sneaking pieces of it off the pan as soon as it comes out of the oven. Scoop most of the pulp from the squash and add to beef mix. You can cook Bacon Beef Butternut Squash using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bacon Beef Butternut Squash
- You need 1 of Butternut Squash.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 3 small of onions.
- It’s 1 of stock celery.
- You need 6 slice of nitrite free bacon.
- You need 3 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 of himalayan sea salt and ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 dash of balsamic vinegar.
In a large ovenproof skillet (or in a large baking dish), toss butternut squash with olive oil, garlic and thyme. Season with salt and pepper, then scatter bacon on top. Coat squash with oil and toss with remaining thyme, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Once the squash is done, remove bay leaf and orange rind from the stew.
Bacon Beef Butternut Squash instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut butternut squash in half and scoop out stringy bits and seeds. Place squash in pyrex baking pan with 1" water and cook for an hour. (More or less depending on size of squash.).
- Chop 2 onions and celery. Set aside 3rd onion for later..
- Cook 6 slices of bacon in cast iron skillet. Remove and let cool before crumbling in separate bowl..
- Cook beef in bacon fat, salt and pepper to taste. Put in bowl with bacon and mix..
- Cook chopped onion and celery in skillet with bacon/beef fat. Place in bowl with bacon and beef..
- Pull the butternut squash out and allow to cool. Scoop soft squash into the bowl with bacon, beef, onion, and celery. Mix and add cinnamon, salt and pepper. Scoop back into butternut squash shells. And allow to bake 20 minutes longer..
- Slice remaining onion. Toss in skillet and cook until soft. Add a dash of balsamic vinegar and allow to caramelize..
- Toss caramelized onions on top of stuffed squash and serve..
This twist on classic beef chuck stew is loaded with chunks of potato and butternut squash, plus bacon—simmered in lager beer mixed with beef stock, and fragrant spices. The savory flavor of the cooked bacon blends perfectly with the butternut squash and the sweetness of the cranberries and maple syrup. Take the butternut squash and halve it with a big, sharp knife. Scoop out the seeds from the butternut squash halves. Place the chopped bacon in a large saute pan and bring over medium heat.