Moroccan rice salad (vegan and gluten free). Moroccan Chickpea and rice salad is about spices, veggies, raisins and plenty of fresh lemon juice. This simple to prepare vegan dish isn't a weekday salad, but an exotic "company's coming" salad. Cumin Roasted Pumpkin and Brown Rice Moroccan Salad
Gluten free Moroccan salad recipe with chickpeas and quinoa! This zippy healthy salad is far from boring. Layers of quinoa, spiced chickpea, dried fruit, pistachios, feta cheese, and vegetables. You can cook Moroccan rice salad (vegan and gluten free) using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Moroccan rice salad (vegan and gluten free)
- It’s 2 tbsp of rapeseed or olive oil.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves finely grated.
- You need 1 of medium sweet potato, peeled and small diced.
- You need 1 of small butternut squash, peeled and small diced.
- Prepare 200 g of cooked chickpeas.
- Prepare 1 of medium red onion sliced.
- You need 50 g of dried apricots chopped.
- You need 3 cm of ginger peeled grated.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fresh orange juice.
- It’s 250 g of basmati rice cooked.
- Prepare of Spices :- 1tsp ground coriander, 1/2tsp cumin, tumeric and ginger, 1/4tsp chilli flakes, nutmeg, ground cloves and ground ginger.
- It’s of Chopped fresh herbs to taste, mint, coriander and parsley.
- It’s Handful of chopped walnuts or nut of choice.
- It’s of Pomegranate seeds.
Recipes Notes-Veggie options: celery, broccoli, carrots, cucumbers, snap peas and/or. Vegan & Gluten-free This baked Moroccan-inspired lentil and brown Rice casserole is easy to make, can be prepped ahead of time, and is very budget-friendly. I've added a little flare to Diane's recipe by way of almonds and rose petals, mainly because they were within arms-length when I was making this, and a natural extension of. Moroccan food is spicy, savory, and such a fan favorite!
Moroccan rice salad (vegan and gluten free) instructions
- Add sweet potato, butternut squash and onion to a shallow baking tray. Add grated ginger and grated garlic to the tray, then sprinkle over the spices and add the oil, mix and make sure everything is evenly covered. Cover tray with foil and place in the oven, after 20min uncover tray and roast for a further 10-15 min until cooked and slightly caramelised..
- Soak the dried apricots in the orange juice until soft, chop the herbs and walnuts, set aside..
- When butternut mix is cold, carefully fold through the chickpeas, apricots, 1/3rd of the herbs and a handful of the rice. Add to a large serving dish, surround the salad with the remaining rice, then sprinkle over the walnuts, remaining herbs and the pomegranate seeds.
With curries, bowls, hearty salads, and, and more, you have a full month of gluten-free and vegan dinners available to you right here! I probably have noodles and curries at least once a week. Special Diet Notes: Plant-Based Moroccan Chickpea Salad. By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, and generally top food allergy-friendly. Zaalouk: Moroccan Eggplant Salad [Vegan, Gluten-Free] Advertisement.