Squash and red lentil soup – vegan. Explore Soups Made with Nutrition-Packed Ingredients You Know and Love Today. Add sage and squash and cook a few minutes stirring occasionally. Sweet butternut squash, earthy red lentils, and curry powder are the stars of this lively vegetarian soup that s wonderful ladled over basmati rice.
Made with butternut squash, fresh herbs and coconut milk this healthy vegan soup will become your favorite dinner this season! Spiced Butternut Squash Lentil Soup is a soothing, nourishing, vegan soup, made especially warming with turmeric, curry and ginger. This vegan, nutrient-packed Butternut Squash and Red Lentil Soup recipe is easy, delicious, and packed with fiber, protein, and vitamins. You can have Squash and red lentil soup – vegan using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Squash and red lentil soup – vegan
- You need 250 g of (about 1 cup filled to the top) butternut squash, peeled and cut into 2-3cm pieces.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil to roast the squash in.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil to sauté the onion with.
- It’s 1 of onion, peeled and finely chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 cup of red lentils, rinsed and drained.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- It’s of to sprinkle on top.
- It’s of Za’atar.
- It’s of Some ground cayenne or chilli flakes.
- Prepare of Some parsley leaves if you have some.
Turmeric adds a warm, peppery flavor as well as immune-boosting properties. Pour in the red lentils and vegetable broth and stir together. Add the hot soup to a blender and purée until smooth. If your blender won't hold all of the soup, blend it in batches.
Squash and red lentil soup – vegan step by step
- Preheat oven to 200C. Put the squash in a bowl and mix with the oil. Put onto a lined baking tray and roast for about 25mins – til the squash is tender..
- Heat the oil in a pan (with a lid for later) on a medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 10-15mins til soft..
- Add the garlic and sauté for another couple of mins. Add the cumin and the cinnamon..
- Add the lentils and 500ml of the stock. Cover and simmer for 10mins..
- Add the squash, lemon juice and the rest of the stock. Season. Cover and simmer for another 10mins..
- This is one soup that does work better blended. So either put it in a blender or use a hand blender to make the soup smooth..
- Serve with a generous sprinkle of za’atar and the cayenne or chilli. Enjoy 😋.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a heavy-based frying pan. Add the remaining garlic and ginger and the butternut. This healthy red lentil curry recipe has a rich flavor and complexity that tastes like it takes hours to prepare. Butternut squash and coconut milk combine with the lentils to make a hearty vegetarian dish. Serve with brown rice or naan bread.