Orange Cucumber Salad. has refreshing cucumber, carrots, chickpeas, and peppers, and drizzled with a homemade. sweet and sour sauce. Orange Cucumber Salad This summery salad Edna Shaffer shares combines cucumbers, oranges and a tangy dressing with fresh-tasting results. "Sometimes I sprinkle sunflower kernels over the top before serving for extra crunch," suggests the Beulah, Michigan cook. Peel oranges, and cut section in half and separate.
Chop mint; add with oranges and cucumbers. This simple cucumber and orange salad was inspired by something I ate at a farm-side restaurant outside Barcelona years ago. If I could paraphrase a well-known proverb, I would say "one cucumber a day keeps the doctor away". You can have Orange Cucumber Salad using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Orange Cucumber Salad
- It’s 1 of Ripe Sweet Orange.
- It’s 1 of Salad Cucumber.
- It’s 1 of Carrot.
- You need 25 grams of Raisins.
- You need 1 tablespoon of lime juice.
- Prepare 1/4 tablespoon of Kashmiri Chilli Powder.
- It’s 1/4 tablespoon of Salt.
- Prepare 25 grams of Walnuts (Optional).
As cucumbers almost entirely consist of water, they help to eliminate toxins and keep your body hydrated. They are a great source of silica, which is known for. Place orange and cucumber slices around the bottom sides of a straight-sided glass salad bowl. Cut any remaining orange and cucumber slices in half.
Orange Cucumber Salad instructions
- Take the pith and peel off from each orange segment and cut into two.
- Chop the cucumber and carrots into bite size pieces.
- Add salt, chilli powder and lemon juice..
- Add the raisins and toss the salad.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes and Enjoy your salad!.
It only has three main ingredients – avocado, orange, cucumber, and the dressing (if you can call it that) is a little lime juice, some sea salt and a dusting of red chile powder. It's a refreshing little salad that makes a great brunch. When it comes to the basics, look no further than a cookbook by renowned Test Kitchen master Pamela Clark. Her simple, triple-tested recipes are delicious and genuinely foolproof. Try out this simple sweet cucumber and orange salad for a refreshing vegetarian appetizer, as an accompaniment to a spicy Mediterranean meal or a side for heartier grilled fare.