Creamy Cucumber Salad. Mix cucumbers, sweet onion, and sea salt together in a bowl. This is the best way to use up garden cucumbers. How to make Creamy Cucumber Salad: My favorite tool for quick-prep veggies is the mandoline slicer.
English cucumbers – English cucumbers are really best for this cucumber salad recipe because they have a thin skin that isn't bitter and doesn't need to be peeled. You can, of course, peel the skin if you prefer. Use a mandoline for thin, even slices without any work. (I'm LOVING this mandoline right now and you'll see me using it in the recipe video below. You can cook Creamy Cucumber Salad using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Cucumber Salad
- It’s 3 of cucumbers.
- It’s 20-30 of small tomatoes (grape or cherry) work good.
- Prepare 1/2 of Medium red onion.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of mayo.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of sugar.
- It’s 1 TBSP of cidar vinegar.
- It’s 1 TSP of garlic powder.
- Prepare bunch of fresh dill.
- You need Pinch of red pepper (cayenne) opinional.
Creamy Cucumber Salad is a refreshing summertime staple at any picnic, barbecue or potluck. Crisp cucumbers and fresh summery dill all tossed in a simple sour cream dressing. This easy recipe is made in a snap with ingredients that are probably already in the kitchen. Creamy Cucumber Salad, sometimes called German Cucumber Salad, is the perfect dish during the summer.
Creamy Cucumber Salad instructions
- Cut the 3 cucumbers anyway you'd like. I skin some of the peel off mine and then cut them length wise and scrape out the seeds. Then I slice them..
- Cut tomatoes in half..
- Put the tomatoes and cucumber slices in a bowl and toss in salt. Let sit for about an hour and drain as much water as possible.No need to rinse..
- Chop up onion and set aside.
- Mix the remaining ingredients; mayo, sour cream, garlic powder, sugar, apple cidar vinegar, and dill..
- After draining the excess water from tomatoes and cucumbers add the onion and mayo mixture (dressing). Stir together well. Let chill in fridge for one hour and enjoy..
The thick creamy sauce made with fresh lemon, dill, and sour cream, reminds me of Tzatziki Sauce (and I could put that stuff on anything!). When the weather gets hot, I love to cool down with refreshing and hydrating foods like cucumbers – and this cucumber sour cream dill salad is the most delicious way to. Combine tomatoes and cucumbers in a bowl. Add sour cream, balsamic vinaigrette, lemon juice, dill, and garlic salt; stir. Season with salt and ground pepper.