Thai Sweet Chili Sauce Cucumber Salad. Whisk rice vinegar, chili sauce, sesame oil, sugar, and garlic together in a small bowl; season with salt. Pour vinegar mixture over cucumber and onion mixture and toss to coat. Notes on Sweet Chili Thai Cucumber Salad.
Consider leaving the peel on when making this Sweet Chilli Thai Cucumber Salad. Pour vinaigrette over and toss to coat. For the best Thai cucumber salad, toss the sliced cucumber in salt and press out excess water, and reduce the sweet chili sauce to a light syrup before stirring in the lime juice. You can cook Thai Sweet Chili Sauce Cucumber Salad using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thai Sweet Chili Sauce Cucumber Salad
- Prepare 2 cups of cucumber that's been cut into roughly 1/3" cubes (roughly 2 to 3 Persian/Lebanese cucumbers).
- It’s 1/8 of small red onion, very thinly sliced on the vertical.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Thai sweet chili sauce.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of fish sauce.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of chili garlic sauce, sambal, or sriracha.
- You need 1-2 teaspoons of fresh lime juice.
- Prepare of chopped fresh Thai basil, mint, or cilantro.
Unlike a lot of salads, this salad is marinaded in a vinaigrette so the dressing/salad is almost zero fat! A vinaigrette of Thai Red Chili Sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, lime juice, ginger, garlic and a dash of sugar. Stir cucumber and onion into the sauce. In the meantime, make the Dressing, by combining all the ingredients in a small sauce pan.
Thai Sweet Chili Sauce Cucumber Salad instructions
- Put your cucumbers and onions in a large-ish bowl..
- Add Thai sweet chili sauce, fish sauce, and lime..
- Toss thoroughly, and, if you want some heat, add the chili garlic sauce/sambal/sriracha, and toss thoroughly again..
- Add your fresh herb(s) of choice..
- Let sit for 20 to 30 minutes to let the cucumber take up the dressing, tossing once or twice to make sure everything absorbs flavor evenly, and enjoy!.
In a small bowl whisk together rice vinegar, sweet Thai chili sauce, sesame oil, sugar, granulated garlic and salt. Place sliced cucumber and onion in another bowl. Pour vinaigrette over and toss to coat. Place the onions in a small bowl of cold water. Let sit for ten minutes, then drain well and pat dry with a paper towel.