Zucchini Lasagna. Zucchini Lasagna With Beef and Sausage "My husband and guests raved about this recipe. It has now become our favorite pasta-less lasagne." – Ruth. Lori's Spicy Chipotle Lasagna "Very good!
Stir in seasonings and tomato sauce. This lasagna uses zucchini in place of pasta thereby reducing calories. We're talking lots of layers of zucchini, mushrooms, a delicious beef sauce and, of course, loaded with lots of cheese. You can have Zucchini Lasagna using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Zucchini Lasagna
- Prepare 2 of Zucchini.
- Prepare 3 c of fat free ricotta.
- It’s 1 pkg of fat free mozzarella.
- Prepare 1 jar of Prego Sauce.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground Turkey.
Continue layering the lasagna with zucchini slices, ricotta mixture, meat sauce, and mozzarella. Finish with a top layer of zucchini, the remaining meat sauce, and the remaining mozzarella. Drain any excess liquid from the edges of the baking pan with a. Zucchini lasagna is a fresh take on a classic comfort food dish.
Zucchini Lasagna instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees..
- Brown ground turkey in a pan, adding 1tbsp of minced garlic (optional).
- Add 1 1/2 cup of tomato sauce to turkey, mix thoroughly, and set pan aside..
- Take Zucchini and trim both ends, then proceeding to halve them. Using a sharp knife (I used a mandolin) to slice long thin strips..
- Grab your casserole dish, spray with nonstick oil, and a thin layer of sauce to prevent sticking..
- Lay down your first layer of Zucchini strips, being sure to cover bottom of dish. Then proceed to evenly lay your turkey and sauce mixture..
- Take your ricotta and egg and mixed together in a mixing bowl. Once combined, spread mixture over your turkey mixture evenly..
- Take 1/2 cup of your mozzarella and evenly sprinkle over ricotta..
- Layer remaining Zucchini. Top with rest of sauce and mozzarella..
- Cook uncovered for 45 minutes.
It's loaded with veggies, but still has the rich flavors and scrumptious texture of a traditional lasagna. Top it off with some grated parmesan cheese and basil leaves, and you'll have the perfect weeknight meal for the whole family. Zucchini slices don't work as well as starchy noodles in terms of keeping the lasagna's shape, so this dish is flimsier than the traditional noodle-based one. Spoon a layer of marinara on top and cover with half of the zucchini. Zucchini Lasagna is a delicious, low-carb, wheat-free and gluten-free lasagna that's loaded with vegetables, it's SOOO good you won't miss the pasta!