Maggie's Magnificent Meatball Minestrone Soup.
You can have Maggie's Magnificent Meatball Minestrone Soup using 26 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Maggie's Magnificent Meatball Minestrone Soup
- Prepare of meatballs.
- Prepare 4 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 3 medium of eggs.
- It’s 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 2 of envelopes Lipton onion soup mix.
- It’s 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs.
- It’s of soup base.
- You need 3 box of beef broth (32 oz. each).
- Prepare 2 box of chicken broth (32 oz. each).
- It’s 46 oz of spicy vegetable juice (V8).
- You need 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar.
- You need 1/2 cup of port wine.
- It’s of other ingredients.
- Prepare 1 box of (11 oz.) barley (quick-cooking barley works).
- Prepare 2 packages of (5 each) sweet Italian sausage links, cut into bite-size pieces.
- You need 2 cup of sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare 3 large of onions, chopped.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of baby carrots, cut into thirds.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper, seeded and chopped.
- It’s 1 of yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped.
- You need 2 can of (16 oz.) green beans.
- You need 2 can of (16 oz.) kidney beans.
- Prepare 2 cup of fresh or frozen corn.
- It’s of garnish.
- Prepare 1 of Crutons.
- You need 1 of Fresh grated parmesan cheese.
Maggie's Magnificent Meatball Minestrone Soup instructions
- In large bowl, mix together the meatball ingredients. Shape into bite-sized meatballs (I use a small cookie dough scoop) and place in baking dish. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes. Drain excess fat..
- Pour soup base ingredients into HUGE (7.5 quart) stockpot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Add the barley, carrots, bell peppers, beans, and corn. Stir then cover..
- In large electric skillet, heat 2 T. vegetable oil. Add onions and fry for about 15 minutes, then add the sausage and fry another 15 minutes. Add the mushrooms, stir, and cook 10 minutes more. Add this mixture to your pot of soup, add the prepared meatballs, stir, cover and simmer several hours until carrots are tender..