Orange Cucumber Salad. Orange Cucumber Salad This summery salad Edna Shaffer shares combines cucumbers, oranges and a tangy dressing with fresh-tasting results. "Sometimes I sprinkle sunflower kernels over the top before serving for extra crunch," suggests the Beulah, Michigan cook. Peel oranges, and cut section in half and separate. Wash, trim and thinly slice the cucumber; mince the onion.
This simple cucumber and orange salad was inspired by something I ate at a farm-side restaurant outside Barcelona years ago. If I could paraphrase a well-known proverb, I would say "one cucumber a day keeps the doctor away". As cucumbers almost entirely consist of water, they help to eliminate toxins and keep your body hydrated. You can cook Orange Cucumber Salad using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Orange Cucumber Salad
- You need 1 of Ripe Sweet Orange.
- It’s 1 of Salad Cucumber.
- Prepare 1 of Carrot.
- Prepare 25 grams of Raisins.
- You need 1 tablespoon of lime juice.
- Prepare 1/4 tablespoon of Kashmiri Chilli Powder.
- You need 1/4 tablespoon of Salt.
- It’s 25 grams of Walnuts (Optional).
They are a great source of silica, which is known for. Place orange and cucumber slices around the bottom sides of a straight-sided glass salad bowl. Cut any remaining orange and cucumber slices in half. It only has three main ingredients – avocado, orange, cucumber, and the dressing (if you can call it that) is a little lime juice, some sea salt and a dusting of red chile powder.
Orange Cucumber Salad instructions
- Take the pith and peel off from each orange segment and cut into two.
- Chop the cucumber and carrots into bite size pieces.
- Add salt, chilli powder and lemon juice..
- Add the raisins and toss the salad.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes and Enjoy your salad!.
It's a refreshing little salad that makes a great brunch. When it comes to the basics, look no further than a cookbook by renowned Test Kitchen master Pamela Clark. Her simple, triple-tested recipes are delicious and genuinely foolproof. Try out this simple sweet cucumber and orange salad for a refreshing vegetarian appetizer, as an accompaniment to a spicy Mediterranean meal or a side for heartier grilled fare. Cucumber, Carrot, and Orange Salad Photo: Jennifer Causey.