Zesty Asian Cucumber Salad. What a happy delicious find this was! I made a few minor tweaks but nothing that really changed the recipe. This Spicy Asian Cucumber Salad is easy to make and have on hand ahead of time.
This spicy Japanese cucumber salad seasoned with Asian flavors, also known as Kyuri no Sunomono serves as a vegan side-dish or as a healthy lunchbox snack. Easy and Fast Korean Spicy Cucumber Salad Recipe. There are only a few ingredients that are needed to make this recipe. You can have Zesty Asian Cucumber Salad using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Zesty Asian Cucumber Salad
- It’s 1 of lg cucumber thinly sliced (approx 4 cups).
- Prepare 1/2 of red bell pepper (seeded and thinly sliced).
- It’s 1/4 of small red onion thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of rice vinegar.
- It’s 2 tbs of honey.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sesame seeds (optional).
- It’s of Salt to taste (approx 1 tsp).
If you tend to cook a lot of Asian recipes anyway, you probably have all of these ingredients in your kitchen right now. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, mix marinade ingredients, stirring to dissolve sugar. Pour over vegetables; toss to combine.
Zesty Asian Cucumber Salad step by step
- Slice veggies as instructed above and place in large mixing bowl. Add other ingredients and toss..
- Place in air tight container and refrigerate for about an hour before serving. ENJOY!!.
Toss wedges with salt in medium bowl. Press paper towel to cucumber wedges to absorb moisture, repeating with fresh paper towels until wedges are mostly dry to touch. Chilled, flavorful and incredibly fresh, this spicy Asian cucumber salad, made with cilantro, sesame oil and soy sauce, is the perfect summer side dish. When I'm feeling too lazy to cook vegetables, especially in the summer, I often slice a cucumber, sprinkle it with salt, and serve it as a very lazy side dish. My recipe is garlicky, spicy, savory, with just a touch of sweetness and tartness.