Thai Cucumber Salad with Peanuts. Place the onions in a small bowl of cold water. Let sit for ten minutes, then drain well and pat dry with a paper towel. In a large bowl, combine the drained red onions, cucumbers, cilantro, peanuts and jalapeño pepper.
Place cucumbers, onion, and mint in large bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat. Season salad to taste with salt and pepper. You can cook Thai Cucumber Salad with Peanuts using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Thai Cucumber Salad with Peanuts
- You need 1/4 cup of fresh lime juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of Fish sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 of Thai chiles, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 of small garlic clove, finely grated.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of canola oil.
- You need 3 of English cucumbers, halved lengthwise, seeded and sliced crosswise, 1/4 inch thick.
- You need 1 cup of packed cilantro chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of salted roasted peanuts.
- It’s 1/2 of small red onion, very thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 of kosher salt.
Transfer salted cucumbers to the bowl with dressing and toss to coat. To serve, place half the cucumber salad on the plate, sprinkle with half the peanut mixture. about this Thai Cucumber Salad Recipe. This easy Thai cucumber salad recipe is refreshing and cooling with each bite and the ideal summer salad recipe! The peppers, carrots, and onions add some major crunch.
Thai Cucumber Salad with Peanuts step by step
- In a small bowl, whisk the lime juice with the fish sauce, sugar, chiles, garlic and oil. In a large bowl, toss the cucumbers, cilantro, peanuts and onion. Add the dressing and toss to coat. Season with salt and serve right away..
And the peanut chili dressing brings a bit of spice and its a bonus that it is super simple to make. In the meantime, make the Dressing, by combining all the ingredients in a small sauce pan. Very healthy salad and it did have good flavor- really didn't need the peanuts. The Thai Cucumber salad from this site is similar and much better. It was so easy to put together and the peanut sauce was sublime.