Thai Cucumber Salad. Rinse with cold water, then drain and pat dry with paper towels. This is a spicy, refreshing salad that's perfect served on a hot summer evening with garden-fresh veggies. In the meantime, make the Dressing, by combining all the ingredients in a small sauce pan.
Onions: We will use a mixture of red and green onions in this salad. In this refreshing Thai cucumber salad recipe, crisp cucumbers and cilantro are tossed with a tangy dressing made with lime juice, fish sauce and fiery Thai chiles. Thai Cucumber Salad is incredibly quick and easy to make. You can cook Thai Cucumber Salad using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Thai Cucumber Salad
- It’s of Salad.
- It’s 3 each of Cucumbers, peeled seeded & sliced 1/4".
- It’s 1 tbsp of Salt.
- It’s 2 each of Jalapeños, seeded & chopped.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Cilantro, chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of Red onion, chopped.
- It’s of Dressing.
- You need 1/3 cup of Mirim.
- You need 1/4 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare of Topping.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Peanuts, chopped.
This simple recipe uses only a few ingredients but packs a serious flavour punch! This super quick and incredibly easy Thai Cucumber Salad is a staple in our household. With only a few ingredients, I can easily whip this up for lunch or dinner. My daughter is a serious cucumber fanatic!
Thai Cucumber Salad step by step
- Mix the sliced cucumbers and salt together in a strainer. Let the cucumbers drain for 10 minutes. Rinse the salt off the cucumbers with cold water and let the cucumbers drain for 20 more minutes. Pat dry in between layers of paper towels..
- Once the cucumbers are dry, add them into a bowl with the chopped red onion, jalapeños, and cilantro; mix well..
- In a seperate bowl, to make the dressing, add the Mirim and sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Once the sugar is dissolved, pour the dressing over the salad and mix well to coat all the cucumbers..
- Sprinkle the peanuts on top of the salad right before serving..
Whisk sugar, hot water, white vinegar, and salt in a bowl until sugar has dissolved. Stir cucumber and onion into the sauce. This Thai cucumber salad recipe is easy to make and brimming with the quintessential tastes of Thai cooking. Serve this unique and healthy salad as a side dish at dinner, or as a light and tasty lunch or snack. Place the onions in a small bowl of cold water.