Yellow Zucchini Rice. Season with oregano, basil, thyme, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Serve this beautiful yellow zucchini sauté over rice and enjoy! You need to cook the rice first until they are soft and tender.
Then saute grated zucchini for a few minutes. In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook carrots and onion in butter until tender. Stir in the broth, rice, salt and pepper. You can cook Yellow Zucchini Rice using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Yellow Zucchini Rice
- It’s 1 of medium zucchini, sliced into thin half moons.
- Prepare 1 of shallot, finely diced.
- You need 1 piece of ginger root, grated.
- You need 1/2 cup of long grain rice, uncooked.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It’s of (to taste) salt, pepper, curry powder, turmeric powder and cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 of vegetable stock cube.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
To prepare this dish, start by slicing two medium-size yellow squashes and two medium-size zucchini into ¼-inch-thick slices. Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat, and sauté the three vegetables in one tablespoon of hot oil for five minutes. Toss in the minced clove of garlic, and cook for one minute. Zucchini Rice Casserole, a decadent small batch recipe for a creamy, comforting side dish!
Yellow Zucchini Rice instructions
- Combine everything in a medium sized pot over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Then, turn heat down to low and simmer until rice is cooked and all liquid has evaporated (about 15 min).
- Add another half a cup of water if it's evaporating too quickly. When rice is cooked, take off heat and cover with a lid for a few minutes. I garnished my bowl with some olives and dried barberries.
Zucchini Rice Casserole is a side dish I make a lot. It is just like broccoli rice casserole except, in place of the broccoli I've used both zucchini and yellow squash. The base for this recipe is a basic creamy cheese sauce with the rice. This broiled zucchini side dish stars baby zucchini, a pint-sized, more tender version of zucchini. Find baby zucchini at the farmer's market or in the produce section of Whole Foods.