Armenian Cucumber and Tomato Salad. In Armenia, this traditional meze salad is served as a first course at lunch alongside a plate of cheese, herbs and lavash bread. A nice and tasty salad from Armenia. From the Art of Armenian and Middle Eastern Cooking.
These compounds fight the damage caused by free radicals. Which kind of salad are you looking for? Directions for Creamy Cucumber Salad Recipe. You can have Armenian Cucumber and Tomato Salad using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Armenian Cucumber and Tomato Salad
- It’s 1 large of Armenian cucumber, sliced thin.
- It’s 1 medium of tomato, chopped.
- Prepare 3 of scallions, chopped incl tops.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 5 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 1 of kosher salt to taste.
- Prepare 1 of coarse ground black pepper.
- You need 1 of sweet basil flakes.
Slice half a large red onion into small, thin strips. In a large bowl, add Hellman's mayo, sour cream, red wine vinegar, sugar, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Add cucumber slices and red onions to bowl with dressing. This salad comes from one of them, Adana.
Armenian Cucumber and Tomato Salad instructions
- Toss sliced cucumber, tomatoes and scallions in bowl.
- Season with kosher salt and coarse ground black pepper to taste.
- No need to drain as with regular cucumber. Armenian cucumber does not have high water content or many seeds.
- Pour olive oil and balsamic over salad. Toss to coat..
- Sprinkle with basil flakes.
- Let marinate at least two hrs before serving. The longer the better..
- Keeps well for several days.
I immediately whipped up a simple Greek salad-inspired Armenian cucumber salad with thinly sliced red onion, feta, olive oil, and red wine vinegar. In Armenia, this traditional meze salad is. This colorful refreshing salad is called Salad Shirazi, which is a Persian cucumber and tomato salad. Shirazi means from Shiraz, which is a beautiful city in southwestern Iran. It is the capital of Fars Province with friendly people, impressive historic sites and enchanting flower gardens.