Tomato, cucumber and onion salad. Summertime is the right time for cucumber and tomato salad. This one is dressed with a basic homemade salad dressing.. Marinated Cucumber, Onion, and Tomato Salad Marinated Cucumber, Onion, and Tomato Salad.
Toss cucumber, tomato, olive oil, red wine vinegar, red onion, and white pepper together in a large bowl; season with salt. How to make cucumber tomato onion salad. Because this recipe is so easy, use the very best ingredients you can afford. You can have Tomato, cucumber and onion salad using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tomato, cucumber and onion salad
- You need 3 of tomatoes, cut into bite size chunks.
- Prepare 3 of cucumbers, sliced thin.
- It’s 1 of onion, sliced thin.
- Prepare 1/2 C of apple cider vinegar (I used 1/4 c of this and 1/4 c rice wine vinegar).
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground pepper.
- You need 1 C of water (I used about 3/4 C).
- You need 1/4 C of olive oil.
Fresh, in season vegetables are a must. Peel and slice the cucumber into coins then add to a large bowl. Slice the tomato into wedges and thinly slice the red onion then add to the bowl. INSTRUCTIONS: Marinated Cucumber, Tomato, and Onion Salad is the perfect summer salad.
Tomato, cucumber and onion salad step by step
- Put all cut veggies in a large bowl. Pour over veggies and give a light mix..
- In a small bowl, mix the water, oil, S&P, vinegar and sugar with a whisk until blended..
- Chill for 1-2 hours before serving..
It's both sweet and tangy and the fresh crispness of the cucumbers and onions can't be beat. This summer salad is a simple mixture of oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper along with sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions. Fresh Tomato Cucumber Salad garnished with red onion and fresh basil. One of our favorite fresh and healthy side dishes! There's almost nothing I love more than fresh garden tomatoes.