Tuscan Kale Soup.
You can have Tuscan Kale Soup using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tuscan Kale Soup
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 lb of Italian sausage.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of crushed red pepper.
- It’s 1 of onion, diced.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of flour.
- It’s 2 qts of chicken stock.
- You need 6 of potatoes, halved and sliced.
- It’s 6 cups of kale, stemmed and torn.
- It’s 1 cup of cream.
Tuscan Kale Soup instructions
- Add the oil to the pot over high heat and brown the sausage, paprika and hot pepper flakes while breaking it up.
- Add the onion, garlic, and Italian seasoning and saute 5 min.
- Add the flour and saute until the flour begins to stick to the bottom of the pot..
- Add the stock and while the stock is heating, season with salt and pepper. It should be salty as the potatoes will soak some of the broth up. Feel free to add a few tbsp of fish sauce if you have it on hand..
- Add the potatoes, bring to a simmer, and cook covered for 20 min..
- Add the kale and cream and continue cooking for 5 min..
- Serve with a crusty bread and feel free to sprinkle with parmesan if you have it on hand..