Greek Salad. Ina Garten makes her Greek Salad recipe. She begins by making homemade vinaigrette, which includes half a cup of olive oil, a quarter cup of red wine vinegar, half a teaspoon of Dijon mustard, one. Greek Garbanzo Bean Salad "Light and healthy as is—a keeper!" – MayMay.
Greek Zoodle Salad "This is absolutely delicious! The way the salad was presented allowed one to really appreciate the vegetable flavors. I was on a quest to find the "restaurant style" Greek salad. You can cook Greek Salad using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Greek Salad
- Prepare 1 of medium cucumber.
- It’s 2 c of spinach.
- You need 2 c of lettuce.
- It’s 1 of medium tomato, sliced thin wedges.
- It’s 1 T of onion, finely chopped.
- You need 1/3 c of fat-free Caesar dressing.
- It’s 1/4 c of crumbled feta cheese.
- It’s 1 T of sliced ripe olives.
I added more oregano (doubled the dressing portions) used mediterranian feta, no olives, and red wine vinegar. Now the red wine vinegar gave it the missing zip in my opinion. Known as horiatiki, this traditional Greek salad is made with cherry tomatoes, cucumber, kalamata olives, thinly sliced red onion, and feta. The easy dressing is a mixture of red wine vinegar.
Greek Salad step by step
- Score cucumber lengthwise then cut into slices..
- In large bowl, toss cucumber and remaining ingredients..
- MASON JAR LAYERS (bottom to top): Cucumbers Tomatoes Onions Olives Spinach Romaine lettuce Feta cheese *dressing seperate.
Greek salad dressing, including ours, is typically made of olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, pepper, mustard, garlic and oregano. Some variations include basil leaves and feta cheese. How do you make Greek salad dressing from scratch? Combine vegetables, olives, and parsley in a large bowl. Rest sliced feta on the top of salad.