Greek Tomato Salad. Greek Tomato Salad "My German father-in-law loves to vacation in Greece," relates Jerry Lappin of Garden City, Kansas. "After a stay on the sunny beaches of Rhodes, he game me the recipe for this zesty salad, full of fresh tomatoes, red onion, green pepper, ripe olives and feta cheese. Pour Greek dressing over salad and season with black pepper. This refreshing Greek Tomato Salad pairs perfectly with grilled meat or fish.
Combine tomatoes, onion, pepper & cucumber in a bowl. Combine fresh herbs, olive oil, vinegar and garlic. Pour dressing over vegetable and toss lightly. You can cook Greek Tomato Salad using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Greek Tomato Salad
- You need 2 of firm cucumbers.
- Prepare 4 of ripe tomatoes, cored and cut into bite sized pieces.
- You need 1 of large green pepper, cored and cut into bite sized pieces.
- It’s 1 of small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced.
- Prepare 4-6 oz of feta cheese, cut into cubes.
- It’s 1/2 c of pitted kalamata olives, sliced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped fresh oregano or 1/2 tsp dried oregano.
- Prepare 1/4 c of red wine vinegar.
- It’s Splash of balsamic vinegar.
- You need 2/3 c of extra Virgin olive oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
Bring together crumbled feta, lemon zest and fresh veggies for this Easy Greek Cucumber-Tomato Salad. This cucumber-tomato salad is bursting with flavor. This salad is made up of simple chunks of tomatoes, cucumber, often red onion, olives, and chunks or a slab of feta. Buy a good olive oil for this Greek Tomato and Cucumber Salad – it's one of the key ingredients, you really taste it, and it can make all the difference.
Greek Tomato Salad step by step
- Peel cucumber and cut in half lengthwise. With a small spoon, scrape out seeds and discard, then cut cucumber into bite-size chunks.
- Place in a large bowl and combine with tomatoes, green pepper, onion, feta and olives..
- In a small bowl, combine oregano and vinegars and whisk in olive oil. Drizzle half the dressing over the salad and season with salt and pepper..
- Serve with remaining dressing on the side. May serve over lettuce greens if desired..
This Greek Cucumber & Tomato Salad recipe is perfect for a hot Summer day. This salad is made with a homemade sauce and topped with kalamata olives and feta. Combine the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, olive oil, vinegar, basil, parsley, dill and some salt and pepper in a bowl and toss well. A light salad with a big taste. Olives, tomatoes, red onion, and cucumbers are dressed with olive oil and a splash of lemon juice and finished with crumbled feta cheese.