Vickys Root Veg & Sausage Soup, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Root Veg & Sausage Soup, GF DF EF SF NF using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Root Veg & Sausage Soup, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s 225 grams of sausage, use hot sausage, hot italian or chorizo (check label to make sure no gluten), casing removed and sliced & diced small.
- Prepare 450 grams of carrots, peeled & chopped.
- You need 4 of large white potatoes, peeled & diced.
- It’s 3 of sweet potatoes, peeled & diced.
- You need 1 of large swede, peeled & diced.
- Prepare 1 of butternut squash, peeled & diced.
- You need 1000 ml of chicken stock.
- It’s 1000 ml of hot water.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
- It’s 60 ml of full fat coconut milk.
- You need 1 of chopped parsley to garnish.
Vickys Root Veg & Sausage Soup, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Fry off the diced sausage in a little oil in a large stock pot until cooked, then remove with a slotted spoon and let drain on some kitchen towel.
- Add the vegetables to the pot and fry off for a few minutes, then add in the water, stock and seasonings and bring to the boil. Put the lid on and turn the heat down to a simmer for 35 – 40 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Let cool slightly then whizz the soup through a blender in batches until smooth. Return to the pan, stir in the coconut milk and add back in the pieces of chopped sausage. Heat through, season well to taste and serve! Yields around 4 litres.
- The type of sausage you use will determine the seasoning you need. For example I have used chorizo this time and so I added plenty of black pepper and a tsp of smoked paprika to finish my soup.