Watermelon Greek Salad. In a large bowl, add kale, watermelon, cucumber, onion and olives. In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, garlic, mint and pepper. Pour dressing over salad and toss thoroughly.
A simple and healthy Greek Watermelon Feta Salad with Basil Vinaigrette. Sweet and juicy watermelon, fresh cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, salty olives, and feta cheese are combined to create a refreshing summer salad that's pretty and so delicious. Finish this quick and simple salad with a drizzle of basily balsamic vinaigrette and flaky seas salt. You can have Watermelon Greek Salad using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Watermelon Greek Salad
- It’s 1/2 of red onion, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1/2 of watermelon.
- It’s 1 of cucumber.
- It’s 20 of pitted kalamata olives, torn in half.
- You need 100 g of feta, crumbled.
- You need 4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 4 tsp of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 6 of mint leaves, finely shredded.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s to taste of Freshly ground black pepper.
Sweet, hydrating, colorful watermelon is a fun swap for its botanical cousin, cucumber, which is traditional in a Greek salad. Watermelon feta salad recipe – A Greek summer favourite. Watermelon is with no doubt the fruit of the summer and the combination of juicy, chilled slices of watermelon and salty, creamy feta cheese is a Greek summer favourite. This watermelon feta salad recipe includes crispy cucumber,.
Watermelon Greek Salad instructions
- Soak the onion in a bowl of cold water and leave to soak while you prepare the rest of the meal..
- Carve the watermelon lengthways into three wedges. Then cut away the skin and slice into approximately 1 1/2 cm thick pieces..
- Half the cucumber lengthways and then using a teaspoon scoop out the seeds. Then slice into half moons about 1/2 cm thick..
- Arrange the watermelon in a large but shallow bowl. Top with the cucumber then scatter the olives and feta..
- Drain the onions and add to the salad..
- Drizzle with the olive oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper..
- Sprinkle with the mint and oregano and serve immediately..
A mouth watering watermelon salad with feta, fresh mint and Philippos Hellenic Goods extra virgin olive oil. This refreshing salad will surprise you and your guests with how well the flavours work together. At first, it might seem strange, but one taste and you will be hooked. The cool, crunchy watermelon is the perfect base for the pungent, greek flavours – it's a perfect balance of savoury and sweet. A similar salad was served to me at a cafe a few years back.