Greek Salad. Ina Garten makes her Greek Salad recipe. She begins by making homemade vinaigrette, which includes half a cup of olive oil, a quarter cup of red wine vinegar, half a teaspoon of Dijon mustard, one. Greek Garbanzo Bean Salad "Light and healthy as is—a keeper!" – MayMay.
Greek Zoodle Salad "This is absolutely delicious! The way the salad was presented allowed one to really appreciate the vegetable flavors. I was on a quest to find the "restaurant style" Greek salad. You can cook Greek Salad using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Greek Salad
- Prepare 250 g of baby plum tomatoes.
- It’s Half of a cucumber.
- You need 1 of small red onion.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper.
- Prepare 200 g of feta cheese.
- Prepare 70 g of pitted kalamata olives.
- You need Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s of Juice from half a lemon.
- You need of Pepper to season.
I added more oregano (doubled the dressing portions) used mediterranian feta, no olives, and red wine vinegar. Now the red wine vinegar gave it the missing zip in my opinion. Known as horiatiki, this traditional Greek salad is made with cherry tomatoes, cucumber, kalamata olives, thinly sliced red onion, and feta. The easy dressing is a mixture of red wine vinegar.
Greek Salad instructions
- Slice tomatoes in half and cut cucumber into small chunks. Slice onion into very fine semi circles. Place into a large bowl.
- Chop green pepper into bite size pieces.
- Add green pepper and olives to the bowl.
- Cut the feta into chunks and add to the bowl along with the lemon juice, pepper and olive oil..
- Mix well and serve.
Greek salad dressing, including ours, is typically made of olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, pepper, mustard, garlic and oregano. Some variations include basil leaves and feta cheese. How do you make Greek salad dressing from scratch? Combine vegetables, olives, and parsley in a large bowl. Rest sliced feta on the top of salad.