Greek salad sandwich in Cypriot pita bread. Cypriot pitta bread are much different to the Greek pitas. They are flatbread like the other pita but are different in shape and in taste. The bread puffs up during baking to form a hollow pocket that can be filled with various fillings to make a type of Sandwich.
Recipe by LVSV Mediterranean Turkey Pita Sandwich – My Food and Family See more A tasty cucumber salad made with red onions, MIRACLE WHIP and oregano makes a delicious condiment for this turkey pita sandwich. In a large bowl, combine warm water, yeast, and sugar and stir until dissolved. Okay, maybe a few extra ingredients. You can cook Greek salad sandwich in Cypriot pita bread using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Greek salad sandwich in Cypriot pita bread
- You need 3 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vinegar.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes, cut.
- You need 1 cup of finely chopped cucumber.
- Prepare 1 cup of finely chopped green pepper.
- You need 1 of finely chopped onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of finely chopped parsley.
- It’s 1 cup of crumbled light feta cheese.
- You need 4 of cypriot pita breads.
My crazy favorite salad dressing, slightly adapted from one in my cookbook and while it pairs fantastically with this greek salad, it works on all salads. Make a big batch and keep it in your fridge. Whole wheat pita to be exact. We will chat about it soon.
Greek salad sandwich in Cypriot pita bread step by step
- Mix the oil and the vinegar in a bowl. Add salt..
- Mix the tomato, cucumber, pepper, onion and parsley into the dressing. Add the feta cheese..
- Cut open the pita breads and fill them with the salad. Serve immediately..
Pita can be used to scoop sauces or dips, such as hummus, or to wrap kebabs, gyros, or falafel in the manner of sandwiches. It can also be cut and baked into crispy pita chips. In Turkish cuisine, the word pide may refer to three different styles of bread: a flatbread similar to that eaten in Greece and Arab countries, a pizza-like dish where the filling is placed on the (often boat-shaped. Greek gyros, Canadian donairs, Turkish doners: they're all branches from the same delicious sandwich tree. Find recipes for these fantastic hot sandwiches wrapped in pita and topped with creamy sauce.