Macaroni Salad With Tomato Cream Sauce. Cook pasta according to package directions. Heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and saute for a minute or so.
Macaroni Salad Pasta Salad Potato Salad. Tomato-Cream Sauce for Pasta Tomato-Cream Sauce for Pasta. Great recipe for Macaroni Salad With Tomato Cream Sauce. You can cook Macaroni Salad With Tomato Cream Sauce using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Macaroni Salad With Tomato Cream Sauce
- You need 1 small of Tomato (or canned tomato).
- It’s 80 grams of If using canned tomatoes.
- You need 20 grams of Cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 of heaping teaspoon Soup stock granules.
- You need 1 pinch of Sugar.
- You need 50 of to 60 grams Macaroni.
- You need 1/2 medium of Cucumber.
- Prepare 1 of Other additions like sausages, corn, etc. of your choice.
- It’s 1 of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of Pepper.
I love penne with cream cheese, so I tried using cream cheese in a salad too. Take care not to burn yourself when peeling the tomatoes. If the tomatoes you have are very sour, increase the amount of sugar. Made with cooked macaroni pasta, red bell peppers (or capsicum), shredded carrot, red onions, dill pickles, crisp celery and chives tossed in the ULTIMATE dressing made with mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar to balance out the acidity.
Macaroni Salad With Tomato Cream Sauce step by step
- Cut the tomato in half vertically and slice off the stems..
- Put the tomato halves in a heatproof bowl, cover with plastic wrap and microwave until softened (1-2 minutes at 700 W)..
- Remove the skin from the tomato, and mix with the cream cheese, soup stock granules and sugar while still hot, mashing up the tomato as you mix..
- If using canned tomato, heat up and mix with the other ingredients..
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise and slice about 2-3 mm thick. Sprinkle with a little salt and leave for a while. Squeeze out the excess moisture..
- Cook the macaroni following the instructions on the package..
- Drain the macaroni and place in the bowl from Step 3. Add the cucumber and other additions too and mix. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper and put on serving plates..
- I added some fish sausage and corn here..
It is a forgiving sauce as mentioned and I also have made the "mother" recipe of chicken in sundried tomato cream sauce. It's no picnic without macaroni salad. Chef John's Classic Macaroni Salad "Spicy and delicious and a big hit with my family." – Kathi. Chickpea Macaroni Salad "Love this—I added artichokes and it's awesome!" – jack.ar. In a large bowl, combine the macaroni, celery, onion, parsley and tomato, if using.